Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Q and A for Nick and Giles at Salon QP

So as a very successful Salon QP came to a close at the weekend it was a great opportunity to pose the questions asked by the forum - here are the answers - as ever it would be great to hear comments on the responses;

Afhgus - Is there a Manual Wind moment watch coming soon?

NE - Not at the immediate time. A lot of time and effort is currently going into us developing a new movement which is really quite special and everyone should be hearing a little more about this next year. Having said that, there is something very romantic about winding your watch every day and of course there are benefits with reduced case size etc. so one day in the not too distant future we will would love to produce one. It is a very pure form of watch making.

G-F - I'd like to know what brand they see as their biggest competitor? Why?

This is a tough one. There are some incredible watch brands out there. Our average demographic is realistically male from 30+ years of age and clearly into watches. In many cases, obviously, we are not the first nice mechanical watch someone will ever own and so we often supplement rather than compete with a persons collection. The obvious brands would be Breitling and IWC and perhaps even Bell & Ross which find themselves in similar sectors. On the military side it we often come up against other brands which have been delivering watches to this sector for many years like Omega and Rolex. They are all very impressive brands.

G-F - Is there any chance to see new metals used in coming models such as bronze or titanium? (I still think an SR71 homage watch in titanium would be cool).

NE - Just wait for Basel time next year, there is a very big announcement to make.

GF - There is a lot of demand from the military squadrons for their watches, how does it affect the sales of the civilian watches?

NE - It has a very powerful affect. The military folk wearing our watches are all great ambassadors for the brand, as you would expect. We continue learn a lot from them - on the R&D side in particular. Apart from the military members frequently purchasing 'civilian' watches themselves, Iand their desire from the vast majority of them to want to hold onto these watches for life (give to their children one day etc), we see the impact as only a positive one, especially when you consider how the Bremont brand is positioned.

G-F - Will we see new barrel colors for the MB2/U2?

NE - Most certainly!

G-F - If they could have any watch but not a Bremont, what would they have?

GE - I think for me it would be a George Daniels or Roger Smith, I would always have to support the British.

G-F What model are they the most proud of so far?

GE - I think every watch we make there has been so much effort gone into it and as a result we are proud of what we have done, I love our first prototype ALT1-P that I still wear and still think the ALT1-C cream is such a classic and timeless watch. The MBII was a big development and investment for us and is quite special ( a lot watch for the money). At moment I can not wait to get a Codebreaker on my wrist the movement and history that watch has makes it really special.

G-F- How's Giles recovering? Has he resumed flying? Did it bring any positive at all? Any chance to see a Gypsy Moth LE?

GE Doing well thank you lots of aches and pains but great to be alive! No doubt an accident such as this makes you think about life, you have to live life to the full and enjoy each day and value the people around you. Not sure about the Gipsy Moth LE!

G-F What do Nick and Giles consider Point of Arrival for the Brand? is it an award? number of watches sold? is it a specific type of watch?

GE It's has to be when we are manufacturing on a proper scale (not a handful) 100% English made movements

Oracle - My question is: Are you going to do that nice highlighter pen yellow dial MB/U2 that I drew for you at Henley?
    Imagine that with a nice yellow case ring, and imagine how much a yellow dial watch would annoy Breitling!!

GE David thank you for reminding me of this, consider it done!

jwalker9 Any plans to open a Bremont Boutique in the USA? Do you think there will be a service/repair center in the USA at some point?

NE - At present we are very excited about the new Boutique in Hong Kong and of course the announcement that we will have a second Boutique in the UK. Bremont is expanding so much and it is only a matter of time before we expand in to further territories. The States is perhaps the natural choice for our next store, and we would love to have a Boutique there; so watch this space!

I hope this goes some way to answering some of your queries and really appreicate the questions coming in;

S

One more question that was missed about an in house Bremont movemement -

G-F Last time we asked, they said in-house was closer than we thought. How close are we now? What special feature would it have? Is it gonna be used across the range or just specific models or LE?

GE We are getting close but it is not finished so no timings yet for you all. Considerations are complex and once you have a working prototype you have to evaluate what machining we can do over here and what will be done in Swiss. It will be used beyond LE watches but we are not going to put it in all our watches, we are keen not to push up the prices of all our collections.

It will be beautiful but that is all we can say about it at this stage!

Fantastic questions, and I'm personally thankful to Nick and Giles for taking the time to be so forward and honest with their responses. It sounds like we have some exciting announcements in the near future! One of the reasons I'm so passionate about Bremont is because they are so passionate about their customer base. This is just another way they stand out from the crowd in my opinion. Thanks for the replies, Serena!
    Last edited by jwalker9; 11-12-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Totally agree jwalker9, sets them apart from the rest.
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Thanks! I consider it a privilege to have access to the brothers and be able to ask our own questions!

Now I really can't wait to see what's coming up. New materials, new barrel colors, new movement. The future is looking great!
    No longer a fan boy...

Great session, and thanks for posting Serena

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Thanks! I consider it a privilege to have access to the brothers and be able to ask our own questions!

Now I really can't wait to see what's coming up. New materials, new barrel colors, new movement. The future is looking great!
    I would be interested to know from other forum members if they agree with me in that I think Bremont has built a large part of it's brand on being approachable and not simply another 'white label' watch company that doesn't have a human touch. Nick and Giles' passion for their brand really stands out, and from experience they genuinely want to share this with their customers and in turn I think they really try to embrace and listen to what their fan base has to say. Not many companies allow the openess that Bremont does, I am sure I am not the only one who hopes that this remains the case as they get bigger ( I am sure it will )

Next year is going to be a very big year for the company, I can't wait to see what happens next!

How's this for an answer Serena, I posted this a couple if days ago on another forum I use regularly.
    http://http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50735
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Quote Originally Posted by ALT1-S View Post
    I would be interested to know from other forum members if they agree with me in that I think Bremont has built a large part of it's brand on being approachable and not simply another 'white label' watch company that doesn't have a human touch. Nick and Giles' passion for their brand really stands out, and from experience they genuinely want to share this with their customers and in turn I think they really try to embrace and listen to what their fan base has to say. Not many companies allow the openess that Bremont does, I am sure I am not the only one who hopes that this remains the case as they get bigger ( I am sure it will )

Next year is going to be a very big year for the company, I can't wait to see what happens next!
    Serena, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said here! It truly stands out and makes a lasting impression that the guys at the top of the company care about conversing with us common folk! And since the brothers listen to fan input, perhaps you could help pass along one more idea that I feel strongly about? That the S2000 would look fantastic in a blue dialed version, like the S500 range has! I love the blue S500, but the S2000 has so many nice upgrades, it makes perfect sense to offer the popular color for both models. Surely I'm not the only one who would like this?

Jim, thanks for spreading the "Bremont love" on other forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    How's this for an answer Serena, I posted this a couple if days ago on another forum I use regularly.
    http://http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50735
    That's awesome Jim! thank you. I think the Q and A should become a regular feature of the forum, and suggestions for Nick and Giles are always welcome. You never know which ideas will take off ( excuse the pun )

S