Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alt1tude forum

Thank you so much Serena for picking up what has become a daily (ok almost daily) part of my life. This site since I found it (after my first Bremont purchase) has been important to me. First because it provides a place where we can discuss Bremont without the painful trolling that exists on other sites, second because its a place where we can see Bremont inside stuff, and third most importantly because its how I got to know my good friend Mike Pearson the biggest Tiger fan I know!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    The only watch other forum I follow with any regularity is Christoper Ward and there's always a great debate about CW watches there and has (to me at least) an independent feel despite the click-throughs to the CW site.

I know Piers was no fan of Christopher Ward and I think the new link to Bremont with Serena involved is a great thing. As I asked in an earlier thread I'm not sure of another watch company (except maybe CW actually) that has such a devoted following.
    I would tend to agree with you on the devoted following (some people (but not me) I would argue border on fanatical). Having spent many an hour in the last 8 years perusing watch forums and I can also say without reservation or any scientific backup its also one of the most entertaining

Hi Serena - would like to add my name to the list of those who have welcomed you to the forum - looking forward to hearing about new developments in due course! I would also like to thank Piers for his contribution, we have all benefited greatly. I look forward to meeting him, and the Bremont team, on the 9th.

Gavin

Hi everyone

Thanks for the well wishers and for those that are glad to see the back of me!

I started this forum nearly three years ago, because I felt close to the brand and it felt the right thing to do (I previously had worked with Bell&Ross on a similar forum). Bremont has been a huge influence on me and because of this I have now decided to start my own venture which of course clashes with this but I very much wanted to keep it running with the help of Jeremy, Pete and of course Serena is a great addition to the team.

I can honestly say that was it not for Bremont and other key brands I love I wouldn't be doing what I am now...which is incredibly difficult but very exciting all the same.

@Rich - I actually have a great respect for CW for what they do. A lot of my posts you will find are tongue in cheek but some people tend to take them the wrong way!

I hope the forum continues to serve as a place for Bremont fans to come and chat as a club and really it's down to all of the members to keep contributing to make it grow and continue to be a great place.

Piers (ALT1TUDE)

Well said, Piers! Thanks for stopping by and chiming in, but mostly for creating this space and doing a damned fine job at making it a fun place for fans to learn and share about all things Bremont! Much success to you in your new endeavor with Pinion.

Jeremy

As a newbie, both to Bremont watches and the forum, I'd just like to echo other postings in welcoming Serena and wishing Piers all the best.

Onwards and upwards!
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Hi everyone

@Rich - I actually have a great respect for CW for what they do. A lot of my posts you will find are tongue in cheek but some people tend to take them the wrong way!

Piers (ALT1TUDE)
    No wackas Piers. It's great what you've started here and good luck with Pinion - will there be a Pinion forum?!

Welcome to the forum Aquavit!
    Last edited by ALT1-S; 10-31-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    No wackas Piers. It's great what you've started here and good luck with Pinion - will there be a Pinion forum?!
    Thanks. Not intending to start a forum, but I guess if successful some saddo will try and set one up ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Thanks. Not intending to start a forum, but I guess if successful some saddo will try and set one up ;-)
    Ha!

It would be hard for them to do as good a job as you did on here Piers. Will be keeping an eye on what you are now up to, and wish you all the success for your venture.

I just hope you weren't offended when I said that Serena is prettier than you…….

David