Thread: TopGear

TopGear

Was recently lent a copy of the TG Guide to Watches 2013, available as a free supplement to the October edition of TG it does have a very enthusiastic article about Bremont!

Gavin

A couple of interesting things emerge from this article. Charlie Turner, the author of the piece, is taken on a tour of the Henley facility by Nick. He is shown the LE squadron watches and his attention is directed to a box marked 'Special Forces', nothing more is said about this (although he does poke about) and it does not necessarily refer to Bremont watches - does anyone know of a link between the company and SF? Elsewhere he also says ''Bremont builds over 6000 watches a year''!

Gavin

I think that Bremont work on lots of special Military projects, but expect they cant disclose them all... Have you seen the watches they did for the Chinook Squadron? I think generally they also state that they produce between 5 and 7 thousand watches per year. What do you think?

I like the CH-47 watch very much indeed. I agree with you that there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes that the company does not talk about. With regard to production figures this ties in with information provided in the article so its probably accurate.

Gavin