Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: A bit about ourselves, and what we do!

Hello

Thought I would take the time and introduce myself as well. I am a Defense Contractor working overseas flying on Mi-17s helicopters, Im 39 years old and I live in the United States. My first Bremont is the Alt1-C Mi-17 special projects and since then I have also purchased a MBII and I feel like there will be more in the future.

Hello

Hi,

My name is Martin, currently semi-retired after 35+ years working in the logistics world.

I currently have an imbalance in my watch collection; my Omega Seamaster and Speedmaster have a nice Ying and Yang effect but my poor Longines dress watch is in need of company so I am looking for a new watch on a strap rather than bracelet to provide balance in the collection. After looking in many jewellers windows, chatting to many sales advisors, scouring watch sites and other forums I came across Bremont. I have to be honest it was not a name that I was familiar with but I have to say that the watches are impressive.

Having had a hands on look at some Bremont watches, Solo, MB11 and ALT1-C today I have decided that the search for a new watch is almost over, I have found a make, Bremont. Now I just need to decide which model, something that I will consider carefully over the next few weeks, my initial thoughts are that the choice will be between the MB11 or Solo due to the clarity of the watch dial. I will update once I have pulled the trigger and made the purchase.

I’m Matt, and work in biotech sales in California. Nothing too exciting. At present, my watch box is a Bremont-free zone. I’m looking to fix that soon. Current rotation is an ExpII (an old one), a Seamaster 300 ( a new one ), aTudor BB GMT, and a Seiko SLA21. Cheers, gents!
    At present:

Bremont MBII #18x
    Damasko DC66
    Seiko skx007k
    Seiko skx171 PMMM in progress
    Sinn EZM-3
    IWC AT2000 Ti
    TAG/Heuer Pro
    Tutima Military Chronograph

Still calling me:

Seiko Cocktail Time
    Bremont SM500
    Sinn U1
    Nomos Club
    Rolex GMT Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_J_N View Post
    Hi,

My name is Martin, currently semi-retired after 35+ years working in the logistics world.

I currently have an imbalance in my watch collection; my Omega Seamaster and Speedmaster have a nice Ying and Yang effect but my poor Longines dress watch is in need of company so I am looking for a new watch on a strap rather than bracelet to provide balance in the collection. After looking in many jewellers windows, chatting to many sales advisors, scouring watch sites and other forums I came across Bremont. I have to be honest it was not a name that I was familiar with but I have to say that the watches are impressive.

Having had a hands on look at some Bremont watches, Solo, MB11 and ALT1-C today I have decided that the search for a new watch is almost over, I have found a make, Bremont. Now I just need to decide which model, something that I will consider carefully over the next few weeks, my initial thoughts are that the choice will be between the MB11 or Solo due to the clarity of the watch dial. I will update once I have pulled the trigger and made the purchase.
    Great to have you Martin! I know it’s hard to narrow down the right watch to purchase between that lot! I’d personally go for the MBII out of that range as it’s such an iconic watch for Bremont and stands out so well in a crowd. Let us know what you decide on!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjmcd View Post
    I’m Matt, and work in biotech sales in California. Nothing too exciting. At present, my watch box is a Bremont-free zone. I’m looking to fix that soon. Current rotation is an ExpII (an old one), a Seamaster 300 ( a new one ), aTudor BB GMT, and a Seiko SLA21. Cheers, gents!

Glad you’re back, Matt! Loving your BB GMT and have nearly ordered one myself! Time to get a Bremont back on your wrist though!

Jeremy

Semi-retired school teacher here (took my pension end of April but have gone back part-time). Have a small collection of dive watches including Omega, Breitling and Bremont - S2000 original and S500 the new black one. Currently on the fence over whether to get something like an MB or U2 - decisions usually take a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Semi-retired school teacher here (took my pension end of April but have gone back part-time). Have a small collection of dive watches including Omega, Breitling and Bremont - S2000 original and S500 the new black one. Currently on the fence over whether to get something like an MB or U2 - decisions usually take a few months!
    Which MB? II or III? Depending on which Omega and Breitling you have, a GMT (MBIII) could be a nice switch up? Adding a bit of variety?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Which MB? II or III? Depending on which Omega and Breitling you have, a GMT (MBIII) could be a nice switch up? Adding a bit of variety?

J.
    Not sure; I like the idea of the configurator and having an all black / dlc one, but have seen a new-old-stock U2 dlc that I prefer the look of. Then again, I don't know whether I'd prefer in the long term the classic orange barrel. I have an Omega Diver Chrono GMT, so probably wouldn't go for the III. I probably have too much time to think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Then again, I don't know whether I'd prefer in the long term the classic orange barrel.
    The orange barrel is fantastic, it never loses its appeal. I'm quite taken by the new purple barrel and the titanium barrel on the MBIII 10th Anniversary is very classy but neither can top the orange barrel.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-23-2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Edited.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    The orange barrel is fantastic, it never loses its appeal. I'm quite taken by the new purple barrel and the titanium barrel on the MBIII 10th Anniversary is very classy but neither can top the orange barrel.
    Just edited your post - you'd made a mistake and said 'MB 0th Anniversary' and not '10th'. I hope you don't mind.

The orange barrel is the 'classic' MB look in my opinion - just like the C/CR is the 'classic' look for the ALT1-C. In my opinion, obviously! Everyone knows them, and it immediately says 'Bremont!'

J.