Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: A bit about ourselves, and what we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderkeeper View Post
    Hello,

I have been a Bremont fan and follower of this forum for a number of years now and thought it time to come to the light.

Work Search and Rescue in sunny North Wales with the Coastguard Helicopters, just about to trade in my Alt1c p/w :-(, but picking up the Supersonic :-) keeping my fingers crossed I can pick it back up in a month or so but if it has sold the Terra Nova will be the next on my hit list.

Had the pleasure of meeting Giles last week and just affirmed why this is such a great brand its not just the watches its the whole Bremont package and their ADs.

Anyroad looking forward to viewing more post, pics and advice.
    Borderkeeper, welcome to the forum, and thanks for finally joining us and getting involved!

What do you do with SAR? Pilot, winch-man or other? Regardless, thank you for the work that you and your colleagues do!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderkeeper View Post
    Hello,

I have been a Bremont fan and follower of this forum for a number of years now and thought it time to come to the light.

Work Search and Rescue in sunny North Wales with the Coastguard Helicopters, just about to trade in my Alt1c p/w :-(, but picking up the Supersonic :-) keeping my fingers crossed I can pick it back up in a month or so but if it has sold the Terra Nova will be the next on my hit list.

Had the pleasure of meeting Giles last week and just affirmed why this is such a great brand its not just the watches its the whole Bremont package and their ADs.

Anyroad looking forward to viewing more post, pics and advice.
    Hi Borderland,

Completely understand if you can't say but did you work alongside Prince William?

Enjoy your Supersonic!

Rich.

Hi Borderkeeper

Welcome to the assylum and enjoy your Bremont watches - fantastic choices.

And I echo Jakes' remarks thanking you for what you do - I have had many days and holidays in North Wales (around Clynnog and Gyrn Goch) and watched you guys many times heading towards Snowdonia!

Thankfully never needed their services....

Borderkeeper. I have sent you a message which will be in your notifications.

Hi, Guys!

Just trying to determine if I might be the oldest (or, is it "eldest") on this forum! Anyway, I will turn 70 in October. Mature in most ways, but never really grew up. If that makes any sense. I retired last year, after working in the airlines and the printing industry for most of my working life. I have a nice, varied watch collection, but have recently been introduced to Bremont.

After learning about Bremont online, I discovered last year that we actually have now got an Authorized Dealer here in Vancouver. Thanks to Roldorf & Co. I have been able to discover the amazing S301, and am beginning to learn about other models now as well. Especially interested in the newly announced "Dirty Dozen" trio.

My favorite watch is the Omega Railmaster 60th Anniversary model:

I am actually scared of real vintage watches, so many watches in my collection are reissue like the above, based on older original models. I fell in love with the S301 today, and am seriously considering it as my next watch. Looking forward to spending more time here and getting to know more about Bremont watches.

Cheers,
    Carlo

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Just trying to determine if I might be the oldest (or, is it "eldest") on this forum! Anyway, I will turn 70 in October. Mature in most ways, but never really grew up. If that makes any sense. I retired last year, after working in the airlines and the printing industry for most of my working life. I have a nice, varied watch collection, but have recently been introduced to Bremont.

After learning about Bremont online, I discovered last year that we actually have now got an Authorized Dealer here in Vancouver. Thanks to Roldorf & Co. I have been able to discover the amazing S301, and am beginning to learn about other models now as well. Especially interested in the newly announced "Dirty Dozen" trio.

My favorite watch is the Omega Railmaster 60th Anniversary model:

I am actually scared of real vintage watches, so many watches in my collection are reissue like the above, based on older original models. I fell in love with the S301 today, and am seriously considering it as my next watch. Looking forward to spending more time here and getting to know more about Bremont watches.

Cheers,
    Carlo
    Welcome to the forum, Carlo - itís great to have you here. Will you get down to your AD as soon as they become available, and try one of the new watches?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Carlo - it’s great to have you here. Will you get down to your AD as soon as they become available, and try one of the new watches?

J.

Thanks for your kind welcome! Ha-ha, I did even better than get down to my AD and take a look. I was there yesterday, to get a new strap for my NOMOS, and thought it was high time to take a look at the Bremont watches. In particular, one in the display case caught my eye. And I loved it from the moment I saw it. So, I went back down today and picked it up. Just a couple of quick shots. The S301 Supermarine Type 300 40mm 300meters:

This smaller diver is a beauty. I found at that there are still a few of the Limited Edition SE301 alt1tude available. And I love that watch as well. And I was going to go ahead and get the SE301, but I went back to the shop and took a look at this one again today. And this one is where my heart's at, is all I can say.

Looking forward to get to know you guys better, and share more about all the Bremont watches.

Cheers,
    Carl

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so thought I should introduce myself.

I recently ordered my first Bremont in the form of a 10th anniversary MBIII, which I intend on making the first piece of a growing collection. I inherited my love of watches from my father and have spent the last 10+ years pawing at jewellers windows, waiting for the day I could afford to start my collection. On a similar note to Carlos, I was wondering if I might be (one of the) youngest Bremont owners at 18?

Towards the end of May I will start my officer training at RAF Cranwell, where I will go on to become an air operations controller (maybe there's a special projects watch in there somewhere, fingers crossed).

So that's me and I look forward to hopefully getting to know some fellow Bremont anoraks!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2807_2000 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so thought I should introduce myself.

I recently ordered my first Bremont in the form of a 10th anniversary MBIII, which I intend on making the first piece of a growing collection. I inherited my love of watches from my father and have spent the last 10+ years pawing at jewellers windows, waiting for the day I could afford to start my collection. On a similar note to Carlos, I was wondering if I might be (one of the) youngest Bremont owners at 18?

Towards the end of May I will start my officer training at RAF Cranwell, where I will go on to become an air operations controller (maybe there's a special projects watch in there somewhere, fingers crossed).

So that's me and I look forward to hopefully getting to know some fellow Bremont anoraks!

Matt, welcome to the forum - itís good to have you, and best of luck with IOT!

What made you choose Bremont? There are a few Special Project watches that could apply, maybe something to look at further down the line.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Matt, welcome to the forum - itís good to have you, and best of luck with IOT!

What made you choose Bremont? There are a few Special Project watches that could apply, maybe something to look at further down the line.

J.

Hi J,
    The story behind and basis of Bremont as a brand trying to bring engineering and more specifically watchmaking back into the UK really sold the brand to me. All of my experiences in their boutiques have also been exceptional - really genuine and enthusiastic staff who seem to love the brand and what they do.
    Many thanks for your well wishes with regards to IOT - going to be quite the experience I feel!