Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit about ourselves, and what we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpygeek View Post

In the event that I find a bundle of dosh I'll have that one too - but how easy is it to change the case cylinder to an orange one? I've got a bit of a thing about black and orange watches as I already have a Planet Ocean and a couple of others in the same colours.
    This is a simple process - send it back to Bremont HQ in Henley, and they can do it for you. They currently charge 155.

J.

Late to the party

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun3779 View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread, (did a search and couldn't find one) to get to know each other a little more...
    I run a car detailing business in Berkshire / Oxfordshire, Been at it many years. Aged 34

Next person copy and paste so we should get a nice varied page about people...
    48, San Diego, two kids. I'm a computer engineer, used to write for watchreport.com and ablogtowatch, I got a Solo 37 from the lex tempus blowout sale and quite like it.

Martin, from Germany, 49. When I got my Z/LG used in 2009 nobody here ever heard of Bremont.

Here it is, have been wearing it 24/7, but with a dark grey dial for the last 5 years. Love Bremont watches but not in the salary class to own more than one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	3916

Cool

Hi,

I am 41... maybe 42... its getting hard to remember! I am a PhD Candidate reading Philosophy at the University of HElsinki (I am British and living in Canada. Long story). Currently own a 1981 Root Beer 16753 and thinking of switching into something from Bremont!

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    Hi,

I am 41... maybe 42... its getting hard to remember! I am a PhD Candidate reading Philosophy at the University of HElsinki (I am British and living in Canada. Long story). Currently own a 1981 Root Beer 16753 and thinking of switching into something from Bremont!
    Hi Shedlock, welcome to the forum. That's a solid Rolex you've got there - a classic!

What would you like Bremont-wise? Anything that catches your eye in particular?

J.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Hi Shedlock, welcome to the forum. That's a solid Rolex you've got there - a classic!

What would you like Bremont-wise? Anything that catches your eye in particular?

J.
    Hi J!

Hmmm, I am testing the water here. I tried on a ZT-51 at Heathrow and rather liked the faded hands and brown strap. But I am also toying with a WT/BK or the MBIII OR. I was going to post a thread here asking fro some advice from the gang (who have all the experience!).

I like something more subtle, but with with some 'show' to it -- GMT and date are pretty much a must. I am pretty hard on my watches: I was an Army engineer by trade (Lt. R.E.M.E.), though I study and teach Philosophy now (after driving trucks and farming for 10 years), a kayaker, a Land Rover enthusiast -- I even lift at the gym wearing my watch; but I also like to suit up from time to time, and so I want something with a touch of class. I am also die-hard British (hence my desire to move to a British watch manufacturer) and am interested in letting my 16753 go for something from Bremont that does all the things..... It definitely has to be a black (or dark) dial -- though it can have bits of colour. Most importantly, it has to be a blend of sophistication, 'prettiness', and ruggedness.

What are your thoughts?

BTW, thanks for the welcome! This seems like a great forum and a good bunch of people! I look forward to mingling with the rabble!

Hi All,

I hope I'm not too late to the party: late 40's, two children (B/G), and an expat living in Washington DC, with about 20 years of public sector work between the military and civilian government service.

I wear a BR 126 Vintage Chronograph GMT, but looking to trade up to a Codebreaker I hope!!

Regards,
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Hi All,

I hope I'm not too late to the party: late 40's, two children (B/G), and an expat living in Washington DC, with about 20 years of public sector work between the military and civilian government service.

I wear a BR 126 Vintage Chronograph GMT, but looking to trade up to a Codebreaker I hope!!

Regards,
    Argo
    Argo, welcome to the forum! Do hang around and let us all know how the search for the Codebreaker goes!

J.

I'm 48. Used to work mainly in expeditions. But now mainly with horses. And only a bit with expeditions.

Hello everyone. I am based in Australia. working in healthcare. love aviation. worked with the Royal Flying Doctor Service Australia and the Royal Australian Air Force.