Thread: Which one to buy!?

Which one to buy!?

Hi guys,
    I have been looking at these watches for a while now, I already have 2 Breitlings, but as these boys only live down the road from me I'm really interested in what they do! I really like the alt1C, I don't really have a clue what to go for.. I think i want a used/reconditioned model as I'll get more for my money, someone has told me to go for the "Swiss made"model as they'll be more valuable in time to come? Hope someone can help.
    Many thanks

I don't know what the reference to Swiss made is, but I would recommend you go through their catalog and find one you like. Then look for it on his forum and watch recon. Good deals for great watches. Good luck.

Depends what you want it for I think... I had an alt c (sold now).
    Just thought it was a bit too classy for me but would look very nice for a fancy event or fancy dinner
    I really like the alt Z, at first I thought it was too busy, but my advice would be to just try them all on as there will be one that will initially draw you in and you may be set on that and dismiss the others (like me) but just try others on too!
    You may surprise yourself with what you like...
    I completely dismissed the supermarine range at the time but now I have an s2000! Granted it may be a little big for my wrist and I'm considering a trade for an omega PO 42mm but I can get away with it on a nice day with a swollen wrist haha

Quote Originally Posted by liam1288 View Post
    Depends what you want it for I think... I had an alt c (sold now).
    Just thought it was a bit too classy for me but would look very nice for a fancy event or fancy dinner
    I really like the alt Z, at first I thought it was too busy, but my advice would be to just try them all on as there will be one that will initially draw you in and you may be set on that and dismiss the others (like me) but just try others on too!
    You may surprise yourself with what you like...
    I completely dismissed the supermarine range at the time but now I have an s2000! Granted it may be a little big for my wrist and I'm considering a trade for an omega PO 42mm but I can get away with it on a nice day with a swollen wrist haha
    Cheers for your help guys! What do you think these will be like in holding/going up in value over time?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Watches are terrible investments. The stock market has been on fire the last 2years, you will definitely make more money there than on a watch.

Now I know what you meant was, which watch will depreciate less. The one people will want in the future is the right answer. If you know the answer to that, then fine. But if your like me, you don't know that. Then I suggest you buy a watch you like, take care of it and enjoy it for what it is. If by chance 20-50 years from now that watch has gained in value then great. If not, you'll have enjoyed the watch you like for all those years.

I hope it doesn't sound too much like a smart a$$ answer. This question comes up all the time on watch forums and really, there's no real answer. Too many variables. If I wanted the best watch to gain in value, I'd buy a used Patek, VC or ALS that's in great shape and keep it as pristine as possible. Those brands have the best chances of increasing in value over time in my opinion.
    Last edited by G-F; 09-29-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Watches are terrible investments. The stock market has been on fire the last 2years, you will definitely make more money there than on a watch.

Now I know what you meant was, which watch will depreciate less. The one people will want in the future is the right answer. If you know the answer to that, then fine. But if your like me, you don't know that. Then I suggest you buy a watch you like, take care of it and enjoy it for what it is. If by chance 20-50 years from now that watch has gained in value then great. If not, you'll have enjoyed the watch you like for all those years.

I hope it doesn't sound too much like a smart a$$ answer. This question comes up all the time on watch forums and really, there's no real answer. Too many variables. If I wanted the best watch to gain in value, I'd buy a used Patek, VC or ALS that's in great shape and keep it as pristine as possible. Those brands have the best chances of increasing in value over time in my opinion.
    Great answer buddy! Makes perfect sense..
    Thank you!