Thread: Ahh, it's good to be back!

Ahh, it's good to be back!

Thanks Piers, for getting us back up and running! I was starting to go through withdrawals.

I saw G-F post on ATG that his SE is being delivered soon? Anyone else? Can't wait to see some unboxing pics! Even better, if someone wanted to make a video and upload to youtube/Vimeo, we could all live vicariously through your experience!

Have a great Sunday, fellas.

Jeremy

Well at least everything seems to be working now. I kinda wondered what happened here... ?
    No longer a fan boy...

Great to see you up and running! I was starting to get the shakes from not being able to browse this outstanding fourm! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

I too was getting withdrawal symptoms, it's nice to be back on line - thanks Piers for all your efforts on our behalf!

Gavin

Cheers guys. I re-uploaded new site files and re-submitted to google - it seems to be okay but they may very well report it again, will have to see what happens and if it does again, I'll have to look into more detail what has happened.

I think part of the issue, is somewhere a spammer or suspect person has posted a link - possibly in their signature which is linking directly to download Malware - this is what Google has picked up - so I've removed the ability to place links in signatures and will keep an eye out for any other suspect behaviour!

Activity Stream

Just found the 'Activity Stream' when I clicked the What's New button - I don't know how long it's been around but I am delighted to have found it as it is a much easier way of keeping tabs on the various threads on this forum. The moral of the story is to check on What's New from time to time, something I have not done before :-(

Gavin
    Last edited by Sunray02; 09-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Cheers Gavin, when I replaced the forum files after the malware incident it comes as standard.

Looking to place back features like the photogalleries as it seems to be running okay now!

Missing my 'like' feature! But yeah, the activity stream is cool. Again, thanks to Piers for getting us back running so quickly.

As a side note, I just want to come out and make a statement regarding some recent comments on another forum that you all may have seen. I personally think its best to let cooler heads prevail, and stay silent rather than respond to an inflammatory post, written in a time of apparent rage. I'd personally appreciate it if our forum members choose to make a statement by not making a statement/responding to the previously mentioned thread and forum. In this case, I believe the best action is no action at all. While, I'd love to say more, we will just leave it at that.
    With sincere thanks,
    Jeremy

Last edited by jwalker9; 09-16-2013 at 11:51 PM.