Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay sale - looks v iffy to me

eBay sale - looks v iffy to me

Bremont Gents Watch | eBay

Bought at car boot sale. Listed at 1. No documentation whatsoever. Hmmm. Big avoid I would think.

Yeah, I saw that this morning and thought the very same thing!

If its a fake, it looks real good.
    More likely to be a "hot" product, anyone know of any forum member who's had his pinched

Wasn't there a few watches stolen from Basel last year? Was there an MBII-OR among those taken??

It's not fake and also the canvas strap is an early Gas Gas Bones strap. Would be good to try and see the serial number in some way!

This is not a fake.

First, fakes look like sh!t. Only very high end fakes look good, and making a high end fake of a Bremont has a market of 0. It's not like these were 20,000+$ watches. So no reason to make high end fake versions.

Second, Bremont are not well known enough to have fakes. It's been a little while, but last time I checked, I couldn't find any fake Bremont (yet). Though this is bound to happen as the brand gets more known and deisrable.

Third, fakes look like sh1t. This is a genuine Bremont. What condition it is in though, is unknown.
    No longer a fan boy...

I've got the serial number from the seller and was going to flag it up to Bremont in case it's one of the stolen pieces. Is that advisable?

Yeah! Why not? If it's legit, no harm done. If it's stolen, good job helping to catch a thief.

Agree that a Bremont fake is very unlikely. There was a good article I read about fakes a few weeks ago maybe in FT but not sure. It said for high end brands that some fakes are impossible to distinguish from the real thing and come with paperwork etc and are as well made as the originals. Unless a complete expert v v difficult to tell the difference. Very different from the cheap rubbish copies that also exist.

Bremont is so small that its impractical to fake in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Embles View Post
    I've got the serial number from the seller and was going to flag it up to Bremont in case it's one of the stolen pieces. Is that advisable?
    You could always just say that seeing as there is no paperwork with it you were confirming authenticity with Bremont - doesn't look too cloak and dagger then!