Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F-22 Raptor Images Released

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
    Heavily discussed indeed! I still maintain that it seems that Bremont's focus is increasingly towards their military market. It may not be to everyone's taste, but "goundbreaking" features (for Bremont, at least) like the multi-date display and compass dial in on a military model without trying new things on civilian pieces flies in the face of what Nemo says. Talk is cheap, so shouldn't the English brothers be putting their money where their mouths (press releases) are?
    Ive said it before but it must make great business sense to produce these, with no supply chain margin eating up profits, bremont will be making great margins on these, and if that cash goes in to R&D for civilian pieces then I'm all for it. Company has got to keep making money to expand and carry on churning out great pieces.
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

The military editions IMO are some of the best watches that Bremont produce, they are unique almost limited editions the frustration is that the normal "man in the street" has limited options to purchase. Wouldn't it be nice to purchase a watch to support our military services!

I feel that Bremont's success will be based on the higher volume retail market and if not careful AD's and consumers could become frustrated that these limited military versions become the watches of desire but cannot be obtained!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie68 View Post
    The military editions IMO are some of the best watches that Bremont produce, they are unique almost limited editions the frustration is that the normal "man in the street" has limited options to purchase. Wouldn't it be nice to purchase a watch to support our military services!

I feel that Bremont's success will be based on the higher volume retail market and if not careful AD's and consumers could become frustrated that these limited military versions become the watches of desire but cannot be obtained!
    Now there's an idea.... Support your favourite sqn / military charity (Help For Heros / STUBS, anyone?) by purchasing a military watch.

Interestingly, a Top Gun IWC has recently become available at an exclusive second hand watch retailer across the road from my office. Now, I thought these were similar to Bremont military pieces that could only be bought by members of the NFWS? It's not cheap but definitely available to the great unwashed.

My first post here. I am interested in Bremont but find all they promote is their novelty limited edition which is too expensive for me and their military editions which cannot be bought.

These seem to be the only watches people want to buy or talk about mostly, but I think this might be that their new watches this seem a bit boring : the b2 and U2 blue where based on military models last year and the code breaker is interesting I think too much of a novelty watch containing old parts which they are predictably doing every year.

This place is good to talk about Bremont - rather than just recycle press releases - but I think they are confusing everyone ( me included ) with constant military watch photos.

Don't forget that the design of the military pieces is driven by the unit and is based on an existing watch, it's also usually limited to between 30 and 50 units, so it's not a massive impact on the business. Also worth noting is that some design features of the limited editions make it back into mainstream. We military types are just sharing what has been created for us, and we are glad to be in the Bremont family. There does seem to be a lot of limited editions recently, but they have to show what they can do to drive the business, and spark interest. They do seem to respond to input, so keep the comments coming. And g'night.....

Its great that you 'military guys' share you're watches with us as they are truly great timepieces.Don't stop sharing!

Your point on some of the watches making it to mainstream is well made, the recent release of the B2 is a good example.

The exclusivity of the military watches may well drive the brand...time will tell, I would just prefer they were available to all. I can't see a reason why they shouldn't.

Over and out...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    My first post here. I am interested in Bremont but find all they promote is their novelty limited edition which is too expensive for me and their military editions which cannot be bought.

These seem to be the only watches people want to buy or talk about mostly, but I think this might be that their new watches this seem a bit boring : the b2 and U2 blue where based on military models last year and the code breaker is interesting I think too much of a novelty watch containing old parts which they are predictably doing every year.

This place is good to talk about Bremont - rather than just recycle press releases - but I think they are confusing everyone ( me included ) with constant military watch photos.
    Hey Chris. Welcome to the forum! We are glad you found our little corner of the Internet.
    I understand your thoughts on the LE's and military watches, but which Bremont pieces do interest you? Are there any on your radar for possible purchase? Feel free to share info on your collection and post often.
    Jeremy

I like this one and the date window is just fine, gives it a little more instrument look.
    Good job!