Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F-22 Raptor Images Released

F-22 Raptor Images Released

The Bremont Military Facebook account released several pictures of the new F-22 Raptor Military Special Edition.

It is a pretty attractive watch based off of the U2 with some unique features. One of the main features is the color scheme of grey and gold which is meant to replicate the grey paint of the aircraft along with the gold tinted canopy. Thus, the dial is grey/anthracite (yes...SE owners, it appears to be the same grey). There are 2 options of barrel color, one being "raptor gold" and the other being the dark anthracite (again, similar to our SE).

The roto-click bezel is the first to use a compass layout with a full 360 degree layout, including S, E, and W markings in the appropriate locations. The date window is a first for Bremont, and is designed to mimic an Altimeter layout. Bell and Ross has used this a few times, and I really like this particular detail.

There is a unique engraved F-22 jet profile on the rotor, as well as on the dial at 6 o'clock. The Raptor Driver patch is printed at 9'oclock location on the dial.

Finally, above the 6 on the dial, reads a subtle "CHECK", which is meant to remind you to "check your six".

Overall, another cool Military Special edition based off the U2, which has some similar elements as our own SE.

Here are a few pictures borrowed from the Bremont Military page.

I like it.

Though I suspect that the Raptor gold barrel is just a good old gold colored aluminium barrel. It would be nice if it was a real gold barrel!
    No longer a fan boy...

Please would someone "in the know" explain the calibration of the inner bezel? Is it degrees x 10??

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Please would someone "in the know" explain the calibration of the inner bezel? Is it degrees x 10??
    Read original post again, its in there :-)

affirmative

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Read original post again, its in there :-)
    Attention span of a goldfi………………….
    Sorry. What was I saying?
    I had read it but then the fact that the 0 was missing off the numerals out-foxed me. Maths was never my best subject!

Attention span of a goldfi………………….
    Sorry. What was I saying?
    I had read it but then the fact that the 0 was missing off the numerals out-foxed me. Maths was never my best subject!
    Love this piece. The dial really looks unique and I love the gold!

Great work Bremont...again...

Love it.... Apart from that date window.
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Love it.... Apart from that date window.
    +1. I sincerely hope the triple date window will not become a feature of Bremont watches... IWC have ruined a few nice watches by applying this 'fashion' idea. I hope Bremont don't do the same.

Richard

I really don't like it at all I'm sad to say. I think the dial is too busy, the black gold mix doesn't work for me, I don't like the date window.....no thank you (not that I qualify to own one!!)