Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F-22 Raptor Images Released

I don't dislike the date window, I'm just not sure what the point of it is as the number sequence is fairly predictable. I like the relevance of the colours as it means something to the guys that designed it, but I'm not a big fan of Sqn patches on the dial.
    But in all, I like it, and I'm sure they are going to be chuffed when they get it.

Hey all. Been away from the forum for awhile. Part of the design of this watch in coordination with F-22 pilots was to represent the three dimensions of airspace. The heading scale represents azimuth, the waypoint triangle on the second hand represents range, and the day/date window is modeled after the traditional fighter cockpit altimeter (see F-4 or F-15) and represents altitude. Then of course, the entire watch represents the F-22's dominance over the fourth dimension of time! Pretty cool I think. Cheers all! Nemo

Too much like my old ceramic Top Gun but more cluttered, the thing I have recently noticed majority of stuff coming from Bremont is either copied not a unique design to Bremont , which for questions the original spin and is massive a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I really don't like it at all I'm sad to say. I think the dial is too busy, the black gold mix doesn't work for me, I don't like the date window.....no thank you (not that I qualify to own one!!)
    + 1

Far too much going on with this, it just doesn't look right to me. I know we've had this debate recently but there does seem to be a real drive with the military specials and not much innovation in the core range.

Quote Originally Posted by Embles View Post
    + 1

Far too much going on with this, it just doesn't look right to me. I know we've had this debate recently but there does seem to be a real drive with the military specials and not much innovation in the core range.

Like the dial looks v.similar to the alt1tude SE I wonder if its the same colour?

Love the gold bezel, think this works really well but like g-f mention, suspect this is coated colour not actual gold ( but fine in any way!)

Really like the date window but not with day, personally looks too much. The badging is too much but means more to the squadron so appreciate that!

Agree that there's too many military novelties being released ad-hoc - I think a military presentation once or twice a year is better otherwise civi's and ADs will get frustrated.

Having said that, in my opinion of all the recent military models this would be worthy of a civilian model I think!

Just a quick comment on the Bremont military watch editions. These designs are created because a military unit or squadron asks Bremont to produce something for them. Bremont works closely with the specific military unit to produce something special but always strives to stay true to the retail product line. In this case, the F-22 watch is a modified U2. On rare occasions, if the variation of a retail model proves to be unique enough, it might result in a civilian product that is added to the retail line (U2, ALT1-WT, ALT1-B2). However, Bremont never intends for military editions to compete with the retail line or in any way distract from them. The retail line remains the primary focus at Bremont. Bremont Military on Facebook was a created as a way to separate the vast number of military editions and interest in those projects from the primary focus of the brand which is covered on the main Facebook page and the Bremont website. Bremont is extremely proud that so many military units are coming to the brand for a unique military timepiece. In fact the demand is overwhelming and certainly validates the quality of the product. But the main focus will always be on robust luxury mechanical timepieces for watch lovers and collectors around the world. Rest assured that the main product line is not being neglected. Many exciting new retail products will be coming from Bremont in the near future!

Very well explained, Nemo. Thanks for that message. This has been a topic of heavy discussion on our forum for the last few weeks. That should help clarify what Bremonts goals are in the retail and military markets.

Is this watch exclusive to forces? Or is this gonna be released for the common people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Very well explained, Nemo. Thanks for that message. This has been a topic of heavy discussion on our forum for the last few weeks. That should help clarify what Bremonts goals are in the retail and military markets.
    Heavily discussed indeed! I still maintain that it seems that Bremont's focus is increasingly towards their military market. It may not be to everyone's taste, but "goundbreaking" features (for Bremont, at least) like the multi-date display and compass dial in on a military model without trying new things on civilian pieces flies in the face of what Nemo says. Talk is cheap, so shouldn't the English brothers be putting their money where their mouths (press releases) are?

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Agree that there's too many military novelties being released ad-hoc - I think a military presentation once or twice a year is better otherwise civi's and ADs will get frustrated.

Having said that, in my opinion of all the recent military models this would be worthy of a civilian model I think!
    Couldn't agree more!