Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The SE's are in production...

Disappointing to say the least. Perhaps an extra strap thrown in for our wait would even things out a bit :-D
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Thinking about it, that's really not too much to ask, they have had the deposit sine the beginning of the year, and we're now running in to a four month delay...
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Does not look good Jim I agree with you there, Emma's reply to me was very open ended. Another new watch on Bremont Military this evening for the A10 squadrons - the Bremont Warthog perhaps?

Well, call me an optimist, but the simple fact that Bremont acknowledged to make us a bespoke watch was already amazing, they, on top of that, gave us a unique dial color, unique dial configuration, the forum/Bremont unofficial logo (Felix), clear back and black rotor and the MB1 second hand! This SE is choke full of special details and unique/rare features.

When you think about it, the highly sought after MB1.5, was a regular Bremont MB2 with a MB1 second hand, that's it. I think we struck an amazing deal and design with Bremont and if they got some special orders in, well great for them. I don't mind being put on the back burner as I feel we were given a seriously interesting watch. Though I want to say that I also totally believe the QC issue. It happens all the time. I just got the shipping order from LumTec on my M54 watch, about a year late from the first expected release date.

Another not so funny story is that I put a deposit on a Panerai 386 about three years ago. Then about a year later, the AD lost the Panerai listing so I lost my spot (I was #1 on his waiting list). All other AD had long waiting lists so I just gave up. Fast forward to today, the 386 is still not released. I didn't follow the whole saga, but I think the model 386 will never be produced. Stuff happens sometimes you know.

Good things come to those who can wait.
    No longer a fan boy...

I don't really understand why a military SE will impact drastically our delivery date. I think my SE arrived on time ish and took 8-10mths (don't quote as dates aren't easily at hand), so I would hope and expect apart from the issue we are aware, we should be OK. Only concern is, is the item sourced or in house produced, if the later shouldn't be too long.But if a supplier, we may be a little way down production table :[

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    Well, call me an optimist, but the simple fact that Bremont acknowledged to make us a bespoke watch was already amazing, they, on top of that, gave us a unique dial color, unique dial configuration, the forum/Bremont unofficial logo (Felix), clear back and black rotor and the MB1 second hand! This SE is choke full of special details and unique/rare features.

When you think about it, the highly sought after MB1.5, was a regular Bremont MB2 with a MB1 second hand, that's it. I think we struck an amazing deal and design with Bremont and if they got some special orders in, well great for them. I don't mind being put on the back burner as I feel we were given a seriously interesting watch. Though I want to say that I also totally believe the QC issue. It happens all the time. I just got the shipping order from LumTec on my M54 watch, about a year late from the first expected release date.

Another not so funny story is that I put a deposit on a Panerai 386 about three years ago. Then about a year later, the AD lost the Panerai listing so I lost my spot (I was #1 on his waiting list). All other AD had long waiting lists so I just gave up. Fast forward to today, the 386 is still not released. I didn't follow the whole saga, but I think the model 386 will never be produced. Stuff happens sometimes you know.

Good things come to those who can wait.
    To be fair only bespoke item is the dial and we know that has been produced, the rest is all items previously used!

All in time, gentlemen! Granted, you all have been waiting several months now, but there's no reason to think that the folks at Bremont are dragging their heels on our project. The rotors obviously have an issue that needs addressed before sending out. Remember that even worse than waiting on the SE's initial arrival, would be to have to send it back for repair and wait even longer after receiving it and finding faults.
    I don't think that several forum purchasers continuously emailing Bremont will get the watches in hands any sooner. Piers is the point man behind the project and will continue to ensure delivery as soon as its possible. In the meantime, If anyone receives messages from Bremont, please pass along here!
    The watch will be worth the wait!
    Cheers guys,

Jeremy

Jeremy, I was not so much suggesting that people are dragging their feet rather that demand exceeds manufacturing capacity. Bremont has been a fantastic success story and military SE sales have played an important role here. I feel we got in just at the right time, much later and we might well have faced extended lead times!

Gavin

For me the important thing is not to let the shine be taken off what will be an awesome, bespoke, low edition piece.
    Looking on the bright side of further delay, it will be an amazing gift to yourself to put under the Christmas tree

I may be a little offside with others on this but at the end of the day this is a commercial transaction.

Bremont is a great british company making great timepieces, however, like a number of companies that experiance rapid growth sometimes the important things can start to be missed.

At the moment the only thing that has been delivered is a failure to delivery on a promise, ha ho...welcome to customer service in 2013!

Still can wait to get the watch!