Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Australian Navy FAA MBII

Royal Australian Navy FAA MBII

Hi All,

I just wanted to share a picture or two of my new RAN Fleet Air Arm limited edition watch. As you can see, it is based on the MBII and has a set of RAN pilot wings and the RAN roundel. The watch is being offered not only with the DLC case, but the SS as well. If there is any interest, I'll get a photo of one of my colleagues SS watch to share. We are also expecting the second watch made for us shortly. This second watch is based on the ALT1-Z and is offered in the DLC and SS case. This watch will feature the wings and roundel as per the MBII.

I couldn't be happier with the watch, it is exactly what I had hoped for. Bremont Special Projects, particularly Catherine provided exceptional service as did the other staff members during the payment and shipping stages. I'm glad that the 'other' watch brand we approached to make a watch for us were not as helpful or accommodating as the team at Bremont.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAN FAA 3.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	1860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAN FAA 4.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	1861  

Very cool mate - well done! Do show us the SS version...

What are you flying? fixed wing or rotary?

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Very cool mate - well done! Do show us the SS version...

What are you flying? fixed wing or rotary?
    I'm flying rotary, the RAN does not have a fixed wing capability. Having said that, all RAN FAA pilots earn their 'wings' on RAAF Pilots course flying the Pilatus PC-9/A...which does have a Martin Baker seat, a Mk 11 if my memory hasn't failed me. Post 'wings', FAA pilots return to the Navy and we teach them to fly rotary before they transition onto an operational type.

Anyway, I'm currently dual qualified and instruct on both the Bell 429 and AS350BA Squirrel. A couple of my pics are below...

Cheers,

Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	429YSWG 2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	1862 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squirrel 2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	1863
    Last edited by mob; 07-13-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Corrected ejection seat model

Cool to see an orange barrel on a DLC MB2 case! Have often wondered how that would look. Well done, sir! Welcome and thanks for sharing.
    Jeremy

Congrats on receiving such a great looking watch! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

The DLC on orange looks badass!
    Cool watch!
    No longer a fan boy...

Congratulations, that is a great looking watch. The wings and kangaroo are very cool, as is the orange barrel.

Great watch mate, I have to agree, Bremont are so pro active when they do a special project. I'll refrain from the usual helicopter banter

Nice pictures buddy..really good to see them all..thanks for sharing..you really have a nice watch out there..

I love the orange bezel on the DLC MB2. It's my favourite Bremont. I hope Bremont makes one for the public. Does it have an exhibition case back?