Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay sale - looks v iffy to me

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    You could always just say that seeing as there is no paperwork with it you were confirming authenticity with Bremont - doesn't look too cloak and dagger then!
    Good suggestion, I'll give it a go and report back. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumper View Post

Bremont is so small that its impractical to fake in my view.
    Name a brand, any brand; it's been faked. I was stunned to see that overall, other than Rolex, the 2nd biggest brand that is faked is Longines. Not small. But definitely not even close to being one of the more popular brands out there. I've seen more fake Longines models than even Omega. I've seen fake Casio watches. A fake Bremont might not be common. But you'll find one out there if you look hard enough.

I would bet my house on the fact that a fake bremont does not exist. There is zero market for them. Not well established enough to warrant production.
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Well Jim, don't bet your house just yet.

A quick search allowed me to find several fakes. Though they obviously looked like fakes, they were priced quite high. I get the feeling the demand is not high enough to produce them for a low price. Or they did use real sapphire crystal and Swiss movement to make their "replica". I don't know and actually don't care, I hate people who do this and wish law enforcement would track them down and prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

I guess Bremont reached that point where they are getting big enough to have fakes coming out. When I last checked, over a year ago, I couldn't find anything. Well, it was bound to happen one day or another. Maybe soon people are gonna start asking us "Is this a real Bremont?"....
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I would bet my house on the fact that a fake bremont does not exist. There is zero market for them. Not well established enough to warrant production.
    When you have British celebs. walking around with Bremont watches, when you have a mega big-name celeb. like Tom Cruise wearing one ... That begins to generate more than a bit of interest. Is Bremont flying under the radar much of the time? Yes. But you've got to keep an eye on that ALT1TUDE

In all seriousness, I've literally seen fakes of every single brand with the only exceptions being the smallest of micro brands.

Please post pics. of the lovely house I'll soon be moving into.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 07-12-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    .... soon people are gonna start asking us "Is this a real Bremont?"....
    Not looking forward to that day.

There's a newbie on WUS who keeps buying vintage Tudor timepieces and then asking, "Is this real??"

Last time, he bought from the same seller who sold him a blatant fake one earlier! And the second one turned out to be just as poor of a fake as the first one. I left a polite post, but basically told him it would be a good idea for him to stop searching for bargains on eBay and Craig's List, and buying them since he clearly has no clue what a real Tudor is supposed to look like. But I was polite about it. It's one thing when you're dealing with a well-constructed fake. Recently ran across a WIS who bought a used Omega Seamaster from a private seller that an Omega AD later said was genuine. A few years later, he took it to get it serviced and the watchmaker gave him the bad news that he had an excellent fake. That's one thing. But a blatant fake and the new member couldn't tell the difference because he was too lazy to do even a basic bit of research ... Yeah, not looking forward to the day we start seeing grainy cellphone pics. with requests for authentication attached.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 07-12-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Monocrom, my apologies.
    Here we are, my house, virtual keys on email.... :-p

Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Listing now ended, anyone but it? Or was it pulled by the seller....
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Monocrom, my apologies.
    Here we are, my house, virtual keys on email.... :-p

Oh I'm going to enjoy living there. Entertain a ton of folks on that sweet-looking patio.

Me thinks that's a hot tub, too! For the ladies. Rawr