Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bremont ALT1TUDE SE - Some Photos!

Attachment 1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Strap wise it does work with the Bremont dark grey, but actually I think this watch works much much better with the vintage black or regular black as this matches the hands and barrel nicely - Anyone who's ordered one of these can change their strap order if they want. I'll also do photos of this watch on both grey and also brown as a contrast.
    Thanks for posting these. I'm eager to see your pictures of it on the grey and brown straps. I think it looked good on the grey in the pre-production images because the dial appeared to be about the same color. I like the lighter grey dial of those images and the greater contrast it provided with the black hands. Is the actual dial still lighter in shade than that used on the U2? Is this actual dial color currently offered on any other production Bremont? Thanks for all of your work on this.

Last edited by aardvarkbark; 07-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    After wearing a buckle on a brown vintage and it badly scaring the strap immediately, I'd hope that the black vintage would come with the deployment as I was recommended by Bremont to use.
    Andy - is this is 'old' vintage (dark brown, leather) or new style (lighter brown, nubuck texture) - the new style is fine - black also but I agree on the older one the buckle just chew those leather straps up.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    Thanks for posting these. I'm eager to see your pictures of it on the grey and brown straps. I think it looked good on the grey in the pre-production images because the dial appeared to be about the same color. I like the lighter grey dial of those images and the greater contrast it provided with the black hands. Is the actual dial still lighter in shade than that used on the U2? Is this actual dial color currently offered on any other production Bremont? Thanks for all of your work on this.
    - The SE looks great on the grey strap, however the grey does not perfectly match the grey leather like it does in the illustrations - this is partly due to Bremont producing new grey straps which are a tone slightly different from the older ones (but also I think difficult to match dial to strap - especially as the dial tends to look light and dark depending on the amount of light on it).

- The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

- To my knowledge, this dial in colour is UNIQUE to the SE, also the design of the dial is unique being it is the only pilot based watch NOT to contain numerals, but more that it's in a 'pro' dial type configuration. The only other bremont to have this style of dial is the Supermarines.

- The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.

- The colour is incredibly subtle and has a slight 'vintage military' feel about it. I'm incredibly pleased with the end result and the fact it's unique and not just a dial with a logo or an existing dial in another case combination makes it really stand out.

- The SE looks great on the grey strap, however the grey does not perfectly match the grey leather like it does in the illustrations - this is partly due to Bremont producing new grey straps which are a tone slightly different from the older ones (but also I think difficult to match dial to strap - especially as the dial tends to look light and dark depending on the amount of light on it).

- The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

- To my knowledge, this dial in colour is UNIQUE to the SE, also the design of the dial is unique being it is the only pilot based watch NOT to contain numerals, but more that it's in a 'pro' dial type configuration. The only other bremont to have this style of dial is the Supermarines.

- The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.

- The colour is incredibly subtle and has a slight 'vintage military' feel about it. I'm incredibly pleased with the end result and the fact it's unique and not just a dial with a logo or an existing dial in another case combination makes it really stand out.
    Basically it is a phenomenal piece and one which I will be proud to have adorn my wrist for many years to come. Piers you are a star and should be extremely proud of what you have created here

Andy - is this is 'old' vintage (dark brown, leather) or new style (lighter brown, nubuck texture) - the new style is fine - black also but I agree on the older one the buckle just chew those leather straps up.
    I presume its the older style, I was given it as a replacement for my brown strap I got with my white solo which split .

Wow, this watch looks very good! I almost regret going for the DLC now. I'll second the comment that if the DLC looks half as good, it's still gonna be awesome!

Totally unique piece from Bremont! It looks like it could handle anything we throw at it and then, still loook good enough for a nice diner downtown. The clean dial is just superb and Felix looks just right. As you know, I was a bit afraid it'd look too cartoony, but not at all. It's all good.
    No longer a fan boy...

The dial IS lighter than used on the black U2. I have a B2 at home at the moment and I will produce a shot comparing the two - it's easier to see the difference in tone when you compare the dial to the hands (black) or another black faced watch.

The colour is unique becuase the tone and finish is different from any other grey watch they produce. The ALT1-Z Dark Grey is matt in colour, the ALT1-C Anthracite is brushed vertically, so feels slighly more 'bluer' in tone - whereas this grey is warmer.
    This is helpful, thanks. A universal truth seems to be that watches always look better in person than in pictures. I appreciate you putting it in context relative to other dials I have seen so I can get a better appreciation for it.

Final order confirmation form for #28 has just come in, so officially SOLD OUT... the only chance of getting one of these now will be by coaxing them from customers in the future!

Final order confirmation form for #28 has just come in, so officially SOLD OUT... the only chance of getting one of these now will be by coaxing them from customers in the future!
    Please Don't give my girlfriend ideas, she'd have it sold before I see it, to help pay for our house renovation

You have no idea how familiar that sounds, it's my breitling emergency that's up for the chop at the minute
    Bremont supermarine descent #30
    Bremont Supermarine s500
    Breitling emergency
    Rolex milgauss GV
    Omega PloProf 1200m