Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How excited are you about the CODEBREAKER?!

How excited are you about the CODEBREAKER?!

Well it's only one week away until we all see the codebreaker (Okay well, I can't comment on what I've seen and haven't ) so I guess the question is.... HOW excited are you about Bremont's limited edition for 2013?

More importantly, what do you think it will look like? and for those lucky enough for a sneaky peak... please don't give away anything!!

Honestly? Not very. I'm interested to see what the brothers have come up with, but knowing that I can't afford one and will never own one kinda diminishes my excitement.

More excited about knowing when this SE will start to emerge.

Not excited at all. They built that intrigue around the watch during Basel, then I couldn't wait to see it. Then I realised it would be a few months and totally disregarded it.

So it's next week? Ok, then. We'll see I guess. What I think Bremont should do is just like Ferrari does. When Ferrari releases a new model to the press, the car is very close to being in the showroom. Problem with most companies, they built hype, then everybody wants it just to have to wait several months to over a year. By the time the product hit the market, nobody cares anymore and all the marketing budget and free press is wasted. The Panerai 386 I had a deposit on is great proof of that, btw.

Now, where are we in SE prodcution? Any hard date? What's done? What's left to be done? These are much more insteresting questions...
    No longer a fan boy...

I always look forward to the seeing the LEs as they produce some interesting ones but, like Turbohobbit, I can't afford one so I am more interested in the new standard models which are within reach.

There's an interesting debate raging on TZ at the moment around Codebreaker - some interesting points raised around the LEs being gimmicky and not sticking to the ethos of the brand...

Bremont - Codebreaker

Somewhat excited.

Guys if its any benefit, I'm picking the watch up on friday to photograph ( the codebreaker not SE!) i will try and get another update on the se after the CB launch.

Intrigued I think, more than excited. I am sure that it will be a fantastic piece, tastefully designed with remarkable historical heritage which I am sure I shall covet but having just ordered the forum SE, doubtless will be able to afford!! Which opens another question, being keen on various other pieces "standard" pieces in the range and only limited finances, which would you go for, the LE's or standard range???

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Code Breaker, the great work carried out during WW2 by the men and women working at Bletchley Park was outstanding. A quality british watch made with some of the historic parts will be an amazing watch for collectors. Sadly I'm unable to make the launch event but can't wait to see some photos!

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Intrigued I think, more than excited. I am sure that it will be a fantastic piece, tastefully designed with remarkable historical heritage which I am sure I shall covet but having just ordered the forum SE, doubtless will be able to afford!! Which opens another question, being keen on various other pieces "standard" pieces in the range and only limited finances, which would you go for, the LE's or standard range???
    chipbutty55 raises an interesting point, what do you go for if finances are tight?? In reality you could probably buy two or three watches from the standard range for the price of one LE. If I had a lifelong interest in the Mustang for example I would probably want a P-51, as things stand at the moment I would go for the mainstream models.

Gavin