Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy

Hey Bryan,

It was interesting that your watch went from running fast (13 at the beginning of your test) to late. My Alt1-C tends to deviate in one direction which is slow. Be interesting to hear from anyone else that sees this trend and if it is normal, or should the nature and tendency of a mechanical movement to deviate in one direction.

PS: Hope you're getting your fill of Shiner Bock, or does OK have their own state brew

Cheers,

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by bbvdaddy3 View Post
    My MB II consistently gains 6 seconds per day (and occasionally sometimes more). Although this is within the +6 / -4 chronometer window it sounds subpar to the accuracy the rest of you are showing here. Would I consider sending my watch back in to have it looked at? This is my first mechanical watch so I don't know if this normal for chronometers or if I have a real problem. Thanks for any advice!
    My MB. II does as well ...within COSC standards. And WNL

don't worry and enjoy your watch

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz Wheel View Post
    Hey Bryan,

It was interesting that your watch went from running fast (13 at the beginning of your test) to late. My Alt1-C tends to deviate in one direction which is slow. Be interesting to hear from anyone else that sees this trend and if it is normal, or should the nature and tendency of a mechanical movement to deviate in one direction.

PS: Hope you're getting your fill of Shiner Bock, or does OK have their own state brew

Cheers,

Jerry
    Mine's always varied, but was usually on the slow side. As for beer...Oklahoma has junk. 3.2% on anything "mass brewed." I buy on-base or in Texas. Anything in Texas is better, anyway :-)
    - TexZan -

Quick update, my U2 is 41 seconds fast after 6.5 days... Looking at actual hour elapsed since resetting (153) the watch is 0.3 of a second over COCS per day. Yeah, I know, I'm being uber-anal, but I'll be interesting to see what the deviation is after, say, a month. And at what point outside of COSC is too far?

On the subject of beer, I've just found a bottle of Speedway Stout. I'm keeping that til next weekend when it's my 10th wedding anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
    Quick update, my U2 is 41 seconds fast after 6.5 days... Looking at actual hour elapsed since resetting (153) the watch is 0.3 of a second over COCS per day. Yeah, I know, I'm being uber-anal, but I'll be interesting to see what the deviation is after, say, a month. And at what point outside of COSC is too far?

On the subject of beer, I've just found a bottle of Speedway Stout. I'm keeping that til next weekend when it's my 10th wedding anniversary

That doesn't bother me at all ....it's not a nuclear clock , it's a mechanical watch with fantastic precision in spite of so many variables ...

Enjoy it for the awesome watch it is

Quote Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post

Hey TurboHobbit,

Congrats on the 10th. Don't know if you are a Maiden fan, (I am) but I recently discovered that they are having Robinsons brew their own special English ale. And I found out that they started importing to the states back in July. I'll have to track some down or ask my local beer distributor to try to order some. In terms of watchs - that would be a wicked timepiece if Bremont would do a Maiden version with Eddie on the dial.

Cheers,

Jerry

... that would be a wicked timepiece if Bremont would do a Maiden version with Eddie on the dial.
    My other half changed her car at the end of last year to a Mitsubishi Colt Convertible. Don't laugh.

We've named it Eddie.

We've named it Eddie as sitting in the back is akin to being to being strapped into an iron maiden.

We get a lot of blank looks when Tracey explains why the car is called Eddie.

Don't know if you are a Maiden fan, (I am) but I recently discovered that they are having Robinsons brew their own special English ale.
    All of the old rockers seem to doing something similar. Did you know that you can get AC/DC wine?

Offers - AC/DC Exclusive Launch - Laithwaites

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    All of the old rockers seem to doing something similar. Did you know that you can get AC/DC wine?[/url]
    Wine?!! Ole Angus and the boys must be getting soft. LOL! Wonder if Bremont would ever venture into any of that kind of merchandizing? A fine bourbon or scotch would do, but I kind of doubt it since that may tend to "cheapen" the brand image in some way. But, as we all know, bands and their fans thrive on that kind of stuff.

Cheers,

Jerry

My local had Trooper on draught, he went through it at an astonishing rate! It's a tasty brew, but not a session beer, good luck tracking it down.