Thread: Second hand ownership of Bremont watches warranty question

Second hand ownership of Bremont watches warranty question

Hi all,

I am relatively new to posting here on the forums, but I have been lurking behind the scenes and reading the different posts. With all the transfer of Bremont watches on the Alt1tude marketplace, how does Bremont feel about servicing watches that are still within the 3 years of the purchase date of the watch but the ownership of the watch has changed? Another question is would they honor the warranty and would you have to let Bremont know of the ownership change? Have any of you experience dealing with Bremont's service updates with a second hand ownership watch? Any information would be great!

J

I purchased a second hand Supermarine from an AD, first time in the water it leaked! Spoke to Bremont, no quibbling, they sorted it all out straight away.

Also this is from a poster on Watchuseek

"Bremont customer service experience
    Hi everyone, I had a really good experience with Bremont customer service today that I thought I would share.

First a bit of background to give the story some context: A little while ago I advertised my IWC Pilot Chrono for sale. There were a couple of offers but none with a level of depreciation that I wanted to accept. Then I received an offer on "the bay". I thought about it and as it was the best I'd had I decided to take it. Just as I went to accept WUS member "mattcantwin" from our beloved forum offered me a trade for an ALt1-C/GN.

I'd been interested in Bremont for a while and I thought the Alt1-C looked interesting so I went for it. The watch arrived on Saturday and I really liked it but there was no warranty certificate or COSC certificate.

Now before anyone starts to think this was anything to do with Matt I can tell you it wasn't at all. He is a perfect gentleman and I have enjoyed our email chats since agreeing to trade as much as I have enjoyed the trade itself. I like to think we have begun to become friends, but I digress.

I contacted Matt and asked what he knew about the missing certificates. He had not noticed because the watch had come with various papers including a warranty from the authorised dealer and the original receipt - so no question of it being a fake. I was obviously a bit concerned about resale value if the watch was to be flipped later on. I always like to have box and papers for obvious reasons.

Matt very quickly found out that Bremont watches have to actually be registered by the purchaser with Bremont on their website. As Matt didnt know whether this had been done he immediately offered to take the watch back - ever the gentleman.

However, now I had the watch in my grubby paws I wasn't about to let go of it that easily so I emailed Bremont this morning and asked them what their attitude was to our swap fully expecting them to say that the warranty would no longer be valid for any number of reasons.

Well, I couldnt have been more wrong. 16 minutes after sending my email I have a reply. 16 minutes!

Serina (from Bremont) explained that the COSC certificates were indeed sent out upon registration and whilst the warranty card would have been sent out to the AD they sometimes get lost.

She knew the exact place where the watch had been bought from her records. She was able to say that they still had the COSC certificate for my exact watch and she had forwarded my details to her colleague who would deal with the warranty and COSC registration straight away.

She told me Bremont would be delighted to register me as the owner of the watch and she very politely asked me to send my details. I really had thought that they just wouldn't be interested as I wasn't the original purchaser.

Then, she told me that the watch had until January next year under warranty and asked me if I would like a free service!!!

So there we are. A watch company often criticised on the forums for being expensive. IMHO I think they just might be worth every penny.

I hope that wasn't too boring. Matt and I just thought it would be nice for them to receive some recognition."

I can't find anything other than good news re Bremont Customer Service, the Warranty says 3 years and nothing else, many other companies offer times and also say for the original owner, as Bremont don't, I think you'll find that it is the Watch that is under warranty and not the Owner.

If you are worried, why not email them, I doubt you'll be waiting very long for a reply!

I bought mine second hand and Bremont have been great, they updated their records with my details made sure I had all the relevant documentation and have even covered a couple of things under the warranty period without fuss or question in fact the last time it went in they even threw in a complimentary service so I would say dont worry about it as from my experience their customer service is amongst the best.

I echo the comments of the above - they'll re-register you as the owner and tell you how long the warranty has left. Some older watches originally had 2 years but they extended it to 3 years a while ago.

Thank for the information!