Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Watch insurance? Where do you all go?

  1. #1

    Watch insurance? Where do you all go?

    As above, just wondering the best places to go?

  2. #2
    It's covered by my house insurance with M&S.

    I can't remember the specific details (without checking the policy documents) but I think that it is single items (ie watches) up to 10k value without having to specifically notify the underwriter first.

  3. #3
    House insurance here too. Went with AXA who have a similar limit on the item value.

    One thing to watch (sorry) is the limit for valuables covered when outside the house. Had to phone AXA to clarify, but their cover limit for items when outside the house is the same as the single item limit outside the house (i.e. 7500 of cover outside the house won't cover a 7500 watch and a 1k laptop even if they're both covered when inside the house).

  4. #4
    No specialist insurers for a single item like a watch?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    It's covered by my house insurance with M&S.

    I can't remember the specific details (without checking the policy documents) but I think that it is single items (ie watches) up to 10k value without having to specifically notify the underwriter first.
    Use M&S too, but thought single item limit was 15k and a total limit of 50k
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

    Worn in that order

  6. #6
    I did look, but house insurance tends to work out cheaper IIRC.

    There's a bunch of discussion on WUS about this too

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    13
    If anyone qualifies for USAA insurance I have some watches and jewelry covered with one if their Valuable Personal Property insurance policy's. My Submariner recently had an unfortunate meeting with the tile floor cracking the sapphire crystal and causing the movement to require serviced. The $860 repair bill was covered 100%.
    Last edited by BBJ77; 04-30-2013 at 03:20 AM.
    Citizen Eco-Drive H500 K006937
    Tag Heuer Link WT1110
    Rolex Submariner 16613
    Bremont C17 Globemaster - Grey/Yellow #115

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJ77 View Post
    If anyone qualifies for USAA insurance I have some watches and jewelry covered with one if their Valuable Personal Property insurance policy's. My Submariner recently had an unfortunate meeting with the tile floor cracking the sapphire crystal and causing the movement to require serviced. The $860 repair bill was covered 100%.
    This is who I have as well.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I did look, but house insurance tends to work out cheaper IIRC.

    There's a bunch of discussion on WUS about this too
    Yeah I had a feeling this would be the case

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuck View Post
    This is who I have as well.
    X3...and now I'm typing because my message was "too short"
    - TexZan -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites