Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Do We Have Here? A Bremont SM2000, Of Course!

Just thought I'd add a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	1762  

Quote Originally Posted by liam1288 View Post
    Just thought I'd add a pic
    Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the forum..have a great time out here...

Reviving this thread, as I really admire this watch. Yesterday I recieved my first Bremont, S500 Blk/Blk. My AD talked me out of purchasing the S2000, as he feels that it's oversized for most people, and that big watches are dated. I've had the S500 for one day, and I'm real close to sending it back in exchange for the S2000. I love the subtle red accents, reshaped seconds counter, brighter lume, etc.

Any thoughts?

To be perfectly honest, I like the red details and hand changes on the S2000 better, and the 2mm difference in size was almost negligible when trying them on. The deal breaker for me was the single color option (black) for the S2000...I really wanted a blue diver! Since there is no blue S2000 option, I chose the blue S500 and have been very happy. However, if you can already tell that the S2000 is what you REALLY wanted, by all means, go and correct the situation!

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I believe I'll call him and order up the S2000. I was most concerned with the size, but as you said, it's negligible...good enough for me. And again, I really like how the few red accents make the dial more visually interesting...IMO.

The blue S500 looks fantastic, nice choice!

Cant go wrong with either in my opinion but it sounds pretty clear which you would prefer and it seems a waste and a shame to stare at your wrist and dream of another.....!!

One other point, is that the the S2000 may have slightly bigger case size, but does seem to carry the depth of the watch a bit better with it being that little bit wider. More balanced, some might say! Maybe why it doesn't look much different on your wrist??!!

Whatever you end up with, don't regret it and enjoy!!!

Thanks for the input, I appreciate all that I can get, as I have yet to call my AD.

The S500 looks bigger on my wrist than it actually is. I purchased a leather strap as well as the bracelet, so I have a pretty versatile watch.

On one hand it seems nuts to spend another $500 for the S2000. I'm wrestling over aesthetics, a slight increase in case diameter (most concerned about it looking like a salad plate on my wrist, but it's only another 2mm), and an increase of 1500m in depth resistance....this thing will never touch water....but it makes me smile. And at the end of the day, I like to have a smile on my face.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	155 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	2930   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	155 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	2931   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	162 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2932  

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I like the red details and hand changes on the S2000 better, and the 2mm difference in size was almost negligible when trying them on. The deal breaker for me was the single color option (black) for the S2000...I really wanted a blue diver! Since there is no blue S2000 option, I chose the blue S500 and have been very happy. However, if you can already tell that the S2000 is what you REALLY wanted, by all means, go and correct the situation!
    I too like the blue S500 but now have to admit I have the wobbles - fallen in love with the new Tudor Black Bay in it's blue iteration.

Gavin

So What Do We Have Here? A Bremont SM2000, Of Course!

They are both nice blue options. Have you tried in the Black Bay, Gavin?

I visited my local Tudor AD after the blue version launched to check them out in person. While I went into the visit quite impressed with the watch, I wasn't crazy about how it looked and felt in person. It's case stood out to me as quite bland, particularly the side and back of the case. Not much shape to it, just sort of a block.

When I wound the watch, and manipulated those cool snowflake hands, the dial just left me wanting a little more.

All in all, I walked out of the store less impressed with the model than when I walked in, but that's just my take. I LOVE the blue color option. And I love what Carl at GGB is doing with making matching straps and buckles for the Black Bay! They sell pretty well from what I can gather. But side by side, I find the S500 to be a more interesting watch.

Jeep99dad has an amazing vintage Tudor sub in blue that just looks incredible. I'd pick one of those over the Black Bay given the choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk