Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bremont BC-SOLO - ALL the official photos are here!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    And I somehow like the British ties of the Bremont, it's refreshing after the literally hundreds of newcomer, boring Swiss brands.
    Couldn't agree with you more.... From a commercial viewpoint I think it'll be a strong seller for Bremont - Because it ticks all the boxes - So someone wanting to invest in the brand this is a great choice. If you imagine someone wanting a 'classic' pilot style watch and they only have budget for a BC-S2 - then they might typically go for something like an IWC because they might find the BC-S2 too quirky and the U2 / MBII too expensive - so this is a great choice for a potential customer I think.

Plus we know that for the price, you are getting a COSC chronometer (the IWC is not) clear caseback, case hardening etc etc.... It really is in leagues a better investment than the IWC!

Timezone posted the Solo in its BaselWorld 2011 coverage:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...rt=0&rid=94183

High-res photos inside

Does anyone else think the minute and second hands look a little short for the dial?

Having now looked at the hi-res photos, I love the look of the applied indexes - this is something that has to be seen in person I think! Didn't spot it before but those raised markers look very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician View Post
    Does anyone else think the minute and second hands look a little short for the dial?
    Hands are the same length as the U2 and MB2 by the looks of things. Moving the minute track to the rehaut has made them appear smaller. The other thing that makes the hands look smaller than they *actually* are, is the black outline to each hand. Bit of an optical illusion. Rolex uses it on the orange hand Explorer II (at the base of the hands) and calls them "phantom hands". In this case, the black makes the hands appear smaller...

I agree with Piers re the applied markers. Impressive stuff. Looking forward to seeing it.

Great looking watch. Gotta say I prefer the white markers from the photos. Might be different in the flesh though.

This could be easily be my first Bremont

Looks very cool, like to aged Lume, are the production versions going to say london or is that just the Prototypes?

The more I see of the Solo the more it grows on me, think Ill have to see it on first though.