Page 339 of 345 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3449

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

  1. #3381
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It's a really nice watch and the 321 calibre is lovely. I'm more of a fan of the sapphire crystal than the hesalite. I understand why the hesalite was used for outer space but on planet earth, the sapphire crystal is a far better option than plastic.
    I suppose I just like the originality of the hesalite, and the fact it can be maintained with toothpaste (or Polywatch etc) is a big plus. If it had to go to Omega each time it scratched, that would be a nightmare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    12k can also buy quite a nice collection of Bremont watches.
    True - and at the end of the day, I think I'd prefer having a collection versus just one watch. Each to their own.

    J.

  2. #3382
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I suppose I just like the originality of the hesalite, and the fact it can be maintained with toothpaste (or Polywatch etc) is a big plus. If it had to go to Omega each time it scratched, that would be a nightmare.
    That's an interesting consideration, the thought of maintaining the lens on a £12k watch with toothpaste

    That's the advantage of sapphire crystal, it won't scratch as easily and of course, if its mode of fracture wasn't quite as severe, the astronauts would still have used it instead of hesalite.

    while I can see why you would want the originality of the hesalite, I would be more hesitant of the thought of a plastic lens in a £12k watch.

  3. #3383
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

    That's the advantage of sapphire crystal, it won't scratch as easily and of course, if its mode of fracture wasn't quite as severe, the astronauts would still have used it instead of hesalite.
    Indeed. I believe Omega did offer to swap it out for sapphire, but for the reason you've stated above, the offer was refused.

    This thread has almost turned in to something off of an Omega forum. Shall we get back to talking Bremont?

    J.

  4. #3384
    Agreed.

    time for a new thread.

  5. #3385
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    694
    Picked up a bundle of various 20mm straps on TZ-uk.
    I'm not one for normally liking Natos, even though i do have a Hambleden in 22mm and a few others. I thought I'd swap my new Heritageleather over to this Victorinox with it being hot. Just hoping the pins don't push out !

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  6. #3386
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Picked up a bundle of various 20mm straps on TZ-uk.
    I'm not one for normally liking Natos, even though i do have a Hambleden in 22mm and a few others. I thought I'd swap my new Heritageleather over to this Victorinox with it being hot. Just hoping the pins don't push out !

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Looks great. Pins should be okay, should they not?

  7. #3387
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Looks great. Pins should be okay, should they not?
    Strap is slightly on the thick side. That much it cannot be pulled through. It popped off one pin do far. Im am still being careful .


    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  8. #3388

    Best of Bristish

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200815_181536.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	4687

    Today Iím bringing together my two favourite British companies - Bremont and Thrudark

  9. #3389
    Finally got the strap on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6750.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	4688  

  10. #3390
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Strap is slightly on the thick side. That much it cannot be pulled through. It popped off one pin do far. Im am still being careful .


    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Yeah, had the same issue when fitting a Jean Rousseau (Omega) Nato on my S500.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites