Page 348 of 360 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3599

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Still really enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Still really enjoying this.
    Me too! I FINALLY found a strap that works for me -Hirsch Pure rubber strap in navy - it's a perfect color match to the blue sunburst dial

In order of acquisition: Solo - ALT1C/PW - S500 - Broadsword - Boeing247Chrono

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    Me too! I FINALLY found a strap that works for me -Hirsch Pure rubber strap in navy - it's a perfect color match to the blue sunburst dial

Hey Phil - I recognise this picture from Bremont Fans FB, great to put a face to a name.

That strap really does suit the watch. What buckle do you have it on?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Hey Phil - I recognise this picture from Bremont Fans FB, great to put a face to a name.

That strap really does suit the watch. What buckle do you have it on?

J.
    My plan was to leave the polished Hirsch buckle on it until I decided if the strap worked and then swap out the buckle. However, the Hirsch buckle works so well that I think I'll just leave it on as a complete package. The Bremont buckle is on the original Bremont rubber strap, but that strap may be going on to an upcoming arrival. We'll see.

The Hirsh is good enough that I don't feel the need to swap.
    Last edited by FloridaPhil; 10-18-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

The Bremont buckle is the original Bremont rubber strap, but that strap may be going on to an upcoming arrival. We'll see.
    Go on, give us a clue...

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Go on, give us a clue...

J.
    LOL. It begins with Boeing and ends with 247. Black.

I think I may have spoiled the surprise ...
    Last edited by FloridaPhil; 10-18-2020 at 09:04 PM.

It looks very nice, does it wear much differently to the Bremont strap?
    I find the original strap very comfy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    It looks very nice, does it wear much differently to the Bremont strap?
    I find the original strap very comfy myself.
    For sake of speed, I'll just re-post what I said on the FB group.

I think I may be in the minority here but I'm not really a big fan of the original Bremont rubber strap. Although it's fitted (which I love), I found it to be a little bit too thick and inflexible for my taste and the watch seemed to sit very high on the wrist. The Hirsch is FAR more pliable, a much better color match for this S500 design (the original blue strap is a little dull IMO) and it pulls the head a lot closer to the wrist. Visually, the 500 has become 3 or 4mm less tall! Also, the original strap doesn't let the watch lie flat off the wrist.

I think I may be in the minority here but I'm not really a big fan of the original Bremont rubber strap. Although it's fitted (which I love), I found it to be a little bit too thick and inflexible for my taste and the watch seemed to sit very high on the wrist. The Hirsch is FAR more pliable, a much better color match for this S500 design (the original blue strap is a little dull IMO) and it pulls the head a lot closer to the wrist. Visually, the 500 has become 3 or 4mm less tall! Also, the original strap doesn't let the watch lie flat off the wrist.
    Great explanation & I understand some of your issues, especially the one about the watch laying flat.

I get what you're saying about the Bremont rubber: it looks great and is likely extremely durable, but not terribly comfortable. I find I have to wear it slightly loose, which then allows the watch to slide around to the side of my wrist. I've not tried the Hirsch, and don't like non-integrated rubber straps anyway, so tend to wear my S2000 on the hook-and-loop most of the time.