Page 387 of 399 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 3989

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Taileron View Post
    Arrived last week
    A great piece you got there. Congratulations

Arrived last week

Congratulations, looks great, thanks for sharing.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post

J.
    Thanks for sharing, lovely watch.

Thanks for the comments. Itís a lovely watch, very comfortable to wear, I particularly like the white face set against the blue bezel. Over a 7day period it was -7 seconds, which is great.

My F4 is in with Bremont at the moment having the bezel replaced as I have scratched it....again. This new one will now be my daily wear and the F4 will be relegated to special occasions.

Cheers

My F4 is in with Bremont at the moment having the bezel replaced as I have scratched it....again. This new one will now be my daily wear and the F4 will be relegated to special occasions.
    That's a shame, but it's a beautiful watch so worthy of special occasions! How long until it'll be back, do you think?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 04-12-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Cheers
    Ouch! glad I did not buy a DLC Bremont as I am sometimes so clumsy! Hope it arrives back quickly.

This is my MB on a new Nato strap

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That's a shame, but it's a beautiful watch so worthy of special occasions! How long until it'll be back, do you think?

J.
    Not sure, it was received last week so hopefully with a couple of weeks, CV19 dependant. I do love the DLC look but it’s really prone to damage, my bracelet was absolutely battered after 6 months and looked terrible. I removed it and fitted a leather/green stitch to match the barrel which has lasted a lot longer.

I do love the DLC look but itís really prone to damage, my bracelet was absolutely battered after 6 months and looked terrible. I removed it and fitted a leather/green stitch to match the barrel which has lasted a lot longer.

Yeah, that is what has always put me off DLC - the fact it's (essentially) only as hard as the metal under it, as you know. Coupled with the fact the bracelets aren't hardened, and are the piece of the watch that touches things a lot, I'm not surprised yours quickly looked battered.

All of that said though, it does look really good on certain models/designs.

J.

I have the same opinion. DLC looks really nice on a new watch but over time starts to look awful as it scratches and wears away. It is a very hard material but also microscopically thin and inevitably will get damaged. It is of course more obvious as the DLC coatings on a watch are over a shiny silver metal which will just make any damage more obvious.