Page 400 of 423 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4226

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    Does anyone know if Bremont sold a OEM Nato strap made with shell cordovan leather? I remember I read somewhere that it was made for special/limited edition watch but this information was from the net so difficult to tell if it is correct !

I use an aftermarket one and really like the properties of shell cordovan as it does not stretch, shrink or fray, plus when you fold the end over it does not leave a huge bulk at the side of the watch and when tucked in the tip does not pop out by its self which can be annoying.

I have used this aftermarket one for around three years and it still looks as good as new but would prefer to use an OEM strap.

I imagine what you're referring to (LE wise) is the strap Bremont made for the Codebreaker - that was cordovan. It was so well received, they then released a tweaked verson, made of a slightly different leather, called the Hambleden: Hambleden Leather.

I hope that helps.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 05-18-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I happen to have brand new one for sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    I happen to have brand new one for sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, could you share a picture please if possible, just to see how it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I imagine what you're referring to (LE wise) is the strap Bremont made for the Codebreaker - that was cordovan. It was so well received, they then released a tweaked verson, made of a slightly different leather, called the Hambleden: Hambleden Leather.

I hope that helps.

J.
    Thank you, yes the LE code breaker. I have the Hambleden leather nato straps and love them as well.

Thank you, yes the LE code breaker. I have the Hambleden leather nato straps and love them as well.
    Here are some pictures from when a forum member was gifted one by Mike (Pearson) - as you can see, it's pretty much the same as the current vintage brown Hambleden, but has a slightly different texture and a very small colour difference: Bremont ALT1-C on a special NATO strap.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Here are some pictures from when a forum member was gifted one by Mike (Pearson) - as you can see, it's pretty much the same as the current vintage brown Hambleden, but has a slightly different texture and a very small colour difference: Bremont ALT1-C on a special NATO strap.

J.
    Thank you for sharing, yes this does look exactly like the vintage Hambleden leather nato.

I donít think it is made from shell cordovan leather as it has really very matte finish and a different texture to shell cordovan.

Thank you for sharing, yes this does look exactly like the vintage Hambleden leather nato.

I donít think it is made from shell cordovan leather as it has really very matte finish and a different texture to shell cordovan.
    Iíve just had a look back through some old Codebreaker promotional material, and it was listed as a Ďcordovan strapí - just FYI.

J.

Off for my second jab in a minute, hopefully Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210519_095249.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	4838

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Off for my second jab in a minute, hopefully Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210519_095249.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	4838

Very nice Larry, it certainly is a stunning looking watch. Good luck with the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Very nice Larry, it certainly is a stunning looking watch. Good luck with the jab.
    Cheers Steve all done now.Had a haircut to, the 1984 flat top I've had forever