Page 441 of 450 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4493

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Well almost
    I personally would take a Rose Gold 1918, it is absolutely amazing.
    The 1918 is a lovely looking watch and looks even better in rose gold but I do not like wearing gold. The DH- 88 is still my favorite. I was close to buying the DH-88 but my wife said she preferred this instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    The 1918 is a lovely looking watch and looks even better in rose gold but I do not like wearing gold. The DH- 88 is still my favorite. I was close to buying the DH-88 but my wife said she preferred this instead!

I can understand her point of view, that certainly is stunning.

Question?

Has anyone had any experience with the Chalgrove Strap.?

Is there much difference between the THE Chalgrove and the Hirsch James straps?

That is Bremont right down to a T, cream though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Question?

Has anyone had any experience with the Chalgrove Strap.?

Is there much difference between the THE Chalgrove and the Hirsch James straps?
    I’d say they’re pretty similar - that’s my impressions from pictures anyway, I’ve not had them side by side. Hirsch is under half the price of the Bremont offering, too…

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    That is Bremont right down to a T, cream though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Don’t mention which is first, jam or cream - we’ll be here all night…!

[QUOTE=RedsBluesGreens;34412]I’d say they’re pretty similar - that’s my impressions from pictures anyway, I’ve not had them side by side. Hirsch is under half the price of the Bremont offering, too…

Don’t mention
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 09-08-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I’d say they’re pretty similar - that’s my impressions from pictures anyway, I’ve not had them side by side. Hirsch is under half the price of the Bremont offering, too…

Don’t mention which is first, jam or cream - we’ll be here all night…!
    The Bremont offering is nearly three times the price of the Hirsch strap but I will compare both.
    For the cost of one Bremont strap I ordered three of the Hirsch James but may have to return them if there is a lot of different as I prefer to keep OEM straps on my watches !

I would not be surprised if Hirsch have made them for Bremont! Anyway let’s see.

I had a 25£ voucher code from Bremont after completing a survey but did not realise there was a time span to use the voucher 😄

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I'll agree on one of the most beautiful - I'd suggest that the Supersonic is up there, too.
    no doubt that the Supersonic is a beautiful watch. However, I'd suggest that it's the 'supermodel' equivalent. Beautiful but with little apparent charisma. In a way, a straight comparison of the aeroplanes that they represent (Concorde vs DH-88)

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I personally would take a Rose Gold 1918, it is absolutely amazing.
    also, a good choice, Intriguingly, the 1918 RG was a relatively poor seller in comparison to the WG and SS models yet I think it's the best of the three. However, as a car analogy, I see it more as a Rolls Royce. Exquisite, stunning, big and bold. That said, would you prefer a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari GTO? For me, the DH-88 is the GTO.

The Bremont offering is nearly three times the price of the Hirsch strap but I will compare both.
    For the cost of one Bremont strap I ordered three of the Hirsch James but may have to return them if there is a lot of different as I prefer to keep OEM straps on my watches !

I would not be surprised if Hirsch have made them for Bremont! Anyway let’s see.

I had a 25£ voucher code from Bremont after completing a survey but did not realise there was a time span to use the voucher 
    I'll be intrigued to hear your thoughts when you get the straps in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

also, a good choice, Intriguingly, the 1918 RG was a relatively poor seller in comparison to the WG and SS models yet I think it's the best of the three. However, as a car analogy, I see it more as a Rolls Royce. Exquisite, stunning, big and bold. That said, would you prefer a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari GTO? For me, the DH-88 is the GTO.
    I always wanted a Rolls Royce as a child, never considered a Ferrari & now I prefer comfort to speed so I will stick with my Silver Shadow.