Page 324 of 487 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4864

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

That's quite a profit margin!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Merry Christmas to all...hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191225_072742.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	4552  

Only if you assume that they all sold at retail price!

As a new Wright Flyer owner, the historic aviation relevance can’t be beaten and so rightly justifies some premium. However, you can’t deny the movement in the new Spruce goose is ‘better’ with just the addition of having hacking seconds. Whether you need the GMT or date function that’s just subjective!

I love the simplicity of the dial in the Flyer over the complexity of the Goose but I can’t deny I do love an applied numeral!

In the end, no matter which you choose they are lovely watches but the history in the Flyer is paramount in my eyes to any other aviation inspired limited edition but then I would say that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paw3001 View Post
    Only if you assume that they all sold at retail price!
    True in terms of cost to the buyer but irrelevant in terms of cost to Bremont as any discounts are between retailer and buyer, not Bremont and buyer.

It's actually quite an interesting point you raise there as I've queried discounting with Bremont before and they are quite adamant that they are against it but then follow on by saying that they can't do anything about it if the dealer chooses to discount.

regardless, I like both the Wright Flyer and Hercules in equal measure. I consider the Hercules to be an updated Wright Flyer and although there's more historical significance to the Wright Flyer (in my opinion), which is a good enough reason to own one if you can afford to, there is something special about the Hercules. So in other words, I'd be happy to own either!

I own 4 Bremont watches, I would never and have never paid full RRP, even on a LE. Reasonable working assumption is that of the RRP, half will be to Bremont and half to the AD...if the AD then wants to cannibalise their margin for a sale then they will.

I typically get between 15%-30% depending on the model

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo81 View Post
    Reasonable working assumption is that of the RRP, half will be to Bremont and half to the AD
    Might be the case but I doubt it. The dealers percentage is effectively all profit, barring the overheads of running a shop. Bremont have the overheads of manufacturing the piece in the first place, distributing, advertising etc. so their margin would be tiny compared to a dealer if it was an equal 50/50 split.

I suspect that most dealers will discount if they need the sale but it's not something that Bremont encourage (in fact discourage) and I can't blame them as it devalues the brand. I've spoken to a dealer in the past who offered a significant discount on a Bremont but made a point of asking that I didn't mention it to Bremont themselves.

Yep, I’ve had the same discussion with the AD, but the reality is a Bremont is tough to buy if you are guaranteeing 40% depreciation on an Alt1-c for example. If pre-owned wasn’t a bloodbath, they would have more chance of protecting the RRP

Just for clarity, last two I gave bought have been openly advertised with 25% and 33% off on their websites respectively for anyone to purchase

A merry christmas to everyone.
    Regarding discounts on the Wrighflyer I know for a fact Bremont massively reduced the price a couple of years after release to give the AD's a chance to shift unsold stock, it actually stopped myself from purchasing one along with a laughable story that really put me off altogether. For such an historic and beautiful watch it was a shame.
    We were talking £17k for a RG and open to a reasonable offer to move a brand new £28k watch on

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo81 View Post
    Yep, I’ve had the same discussion with the AD, but the reality is a Bremont is tough to buy if you are guaranteeing 40% depreciation on an Alt1-c for example. If pre-owned wasn’t a bloodbath, they would have more chance of protecting the RRP

Just for clarity, last two I gave bought have been openly advertised with 25% and 33% off on their websites respectively for anyone to purchase
    I think you can be looking at similar depreciation with most watches at a similar price point, with an odd brand being an exception. I can base that on pre-owned watches for sale in my local area. Admittedly it's not good but it doesn't bother me as I wouldn't buy a watch to sell on in a short space of time. That said, it's a vicious circle. If the pre-owned value is low and the dealers drop prices to match then the pre-owned values will only get lower. The way to increase pre-owned values is desirability and doing your best to only sell watches at the rrp or close to it.

I've seen Bremonts openly advertised at discounted prices but usually older models where the dealer will obviously want to reduce old stock. The DH-88 and 1918 limited edition models being examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    A merry christmas to everyone.
    Regarding discounts on the Wrighflyer I know for a fact Bremont massively reduced the price a couple of years after release to give the AD's a chance to shift unsold stock, it actually stopped myself from purchasing one along with a laughable story that really put me off altogether. For such an historic and beautiful watch it was a shame.
    We were talking £17k for a RG and open to a reasonable offer to move a brand new £28k watch on

Merry Christmas.

So if I asked about your comment at one of the Bremont boutiques they would concur? If it's a fact then they must? Given that the Royal Exchange boutique still have a RG version at full price and a pre-owned version was recently offered at £18k I'm not totally convinced. That and Beaverbrooks still have a SS version listed on their website at full rrp. Unless of course, they dropped the prices then increased them again?