Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 2021 Limited Edition

  1. #1

    2021 Limited Edition

    If anyone hasn't seen this, a little bit of a teaser from Bremont

    https://www.facebook.com/TestedBeyon...72359744593703

    I'm rubbish at puzzles so anyone else have an idea what it might be?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    If anyone hasn't seen this, a little bit of a teaser from Bremont

    https://www.facebook.com/TestedBeyon...72359744593703

    I'm rubbish at puzzles so anyone else have an idea what it might be?
    No idea but I spotted a Lysander from that link and didn't know there was still a Lizzie flying ???

  3. #3
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    No idea but I spotted a Lysander from that link and didn't know there was still a Lizzie flying ???
    There are two: one at Shuttleworth, and one at Duxford and owned by ARCo/Aerial Collective. You can even get passenger flights in it - yours for £4500.

    https://www.aerialcollective.co.uk/aircraft/the-lizzie/

  4. #4
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,961
    Latest Teaser is up - does anyone have any ideas?

    https://twitter.com/bremont/status/1...515928578?s=21

  5. #5
    Is the first teaser the coming together of all the different parts and the second hinting at it all being produced by themselves, in house movement could be, may be, hopefully on the cards.

  6. #6
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Is the first teaser the coming together of all the different parts and the second hinting at it all being produced by themselves, in house movement could be, may be, hopefully on the cards.
    I thought along the same lines.

    They hinted at some ‘new machinery’ which they were using, and also someone pointed out the ‘930°C’ they mention here is linked to the production of Brass….

  7. #7
    I'm not so sure. I could be wrong but I think that they're still a long way offf their own movement. The video of the cnc machine shows a square piece that ends up having a spiral machined into its reverse side. The first thing I thought of when I say that was the Hawking. The molten metal video and the mention of 930 deg does suggest brass. The first video showing the clear (glass?) sections coming together, I really didn't get.

    the slogan "watch making is coming home" I think is possibly a 'curve ball' making us think of an in house movement.

    lots to think about but none of it ties together for me.

  8. #8
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,961

    2021 Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm not so sure. I could be wrong but I think that they're still a long way offf their own movement. The video of the cnc machine shows a square piece that ends up having a spiral machined into its reverse side. The first thing I thought of when I say that was the Hawking. The molten metal video and the mention of 930 deg does suggest brass. The first video showing the clear (glass?) sections coming together, I really didn't get.

    the slogan "watch making is coming home" I think is possibly a 'curve ball' making us think of an in house movement.

    lots to think about but none of it ties together for me.

    Yes - I suspect the ‘coming home’ line is possibility a reference to Greenwich, GMT, etc and not necessarily the watch.

    Like you say, nothing seems to tie together at the moment - which is unusual as on previous LE’s there has always been a somewhat more obvious connection from the teasers.

    My one and only thought is if it is brass (or contains a brass part, like the copper used in the Victory), that says ‘ship’ to me - and the Cutty Sark is right next door to where the launch is in Greenwich…
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-14-2021 at 01:54 PM.

  9. #9
    That's about the only conclusion I can draw so far. The Greenwich link did make me wonder about a ship although I didn't really think about the Cutty Sark.

    the first 'teaser' is the one that I find the most confusing. I have no idea what it is and certainly can't relate it to a ship.

  10. #10
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    That's about the only conclusion I can draw so far. The Greenwich link did make me wonder about a ship although I didn't really think about the Cutty Sark.

    the first 'teaser' is the one that I find the most confusing. I have no idea what it is and certainly can't relate it to a ship.
    I agree - it’s obviously a specialist piece of equipment for doing something or another as the teaser rightly suggests, but I’ve no idea what it could be! Maybe if we knew, that could well hold the clue?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites