Page 193 of 481 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4805

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

  1. #1921
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Deployment. I've never had issues with either comfort or performance with the deployment buckle, and I've had the watch for eight years now. The nubuck is the Hirsch 1765.
    Mine is an early one too.

  2. #1922
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Deployment. I've never had issues with either comfort or performance with the deployment buckle, and I've had the watch for eight years now. The nubuck is the Hirsch 1765.
    I've no complaints about the deployment either - I have both my MB and S500 on them. I like the extra weight (although, admittedly, it's marginal) that it adds to the bottom of the wrist.

    J.

  3. #1923
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I've no complaints about the deployment either - I have both my MB and S500 on them. I like the extra weight (although, admittedly, it's marginal) that it adds to the bottom of the wrist.

    J.
    And the straps really do wear better. It's funny though, Jake, how often customers choose the pin buckle over deployment. Soft wrists I reckon!

  4. #1924
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    And the straps really do wear better. It's funny though, Jake, how often customers choose the pin buckle over deployment. Soft wrists I reckon!
    Each to their own. Maybe the extra cost is a factor here? The deployment is quite expensive compared to the pin buckle!

    J.

  5. #1925
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Each to their own. Maybe the extra cost is a factor here? The deployment is quite expensive compared to the pin buckle!

    J.
    Not when it's in the price of a new watch

  6. #1926

    #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

    I prefer a pin buckle to a deployment, it just forces the strap to the wrist a little more I think. And I've not had a tang buckle fail, but deployments pop open right left and centre for me.

    The Breitling ones are the worst!

    Just my experience.


    @watchbod

    Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1038209876208986/

  7. #1927
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    I prefer a pin buckle to a deployment, it just forces the strap to the wrist a little more I think. And I've not had a tang buckle fail, but deployments pop open right left and centre for me.

    The Breitling ones are the worst!

    Just my experience.
    That's interesting - I've never had a problem with a Breitling or Bremont deployment! (Thankfully, I may add!)

    J.

  8. #1928

    #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

    I've not owned a Bremont one, the Omega ones and Tag ones are better because they have lock that needs a double squeeze to open, but I had a Breitling one open all the time, perhaps it was just old but the pressure wasn't there to keep it locked. The Ball one kept opening too, and was just uncomfortable with their rubber strap. Maybe I just have a silly shape wrist! They must work for most people!




    @watchbod

    Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1038209876208986/

  9. #1929
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    2
    Hoping for a polar blast.....Terra Nova #123
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160107_114109.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	3350  

  10. #1930
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,141
    1680 Red, welcome to the forum! The Terra Nova could well be the perfect watch looking at the forecast for the next week or two!

    I see you've attached your #womw picture as a thumbnail. Whilst perfectly OK, you'd be better of hosting the picture in Photobucket (or similar) first. If you need a hand with that, let me know.

    J.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites