Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325
Results 3,241 to 3,246 of 3246

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Probably the way i worded the last post it was £17k for a brand new RG Wrighflyer, I had a deposit down on one securing it at £20k and quickly pulled out when I found out about the discounting by Bremont. The one at £17 was obviously at a different AD.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 12-27-2019 at 11:39 AM.

theanciantmariner. They may not admit it at one of the boutiques but they certainly did at the two AD's I was dealing with at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Probably the way i worded the last post it was £17k for a brand new RG Wrighflyer, I had a deposit down on one securing it at £20k and quickly pulled out when I found out about the discounting by Bremont. The one at £17 was obviously at a different AD.
    So you had a deposit on one at £20k which is substantially below rrp and then pulled out as another AD had one listed at £17k due to discounting by Bremont? So, if you wanted the watch why not buy the one at £17k? Given that the pre-owned models are selling at £18k+ you wouldn't have lost out and possibly even gained, that's if the sell on value had any bearing on your decision.

I'm assuming that you have no evidence of this discounting by Bremont other than a conversation between you and two dealers so I think I'll reserve judgement as to whether it was actual fact or whether it was (typical) spin by dealers trying to turn over stock

To be fair I got a substantial 30% discount on my ‘Ex-display’ piece which was pristine.

However, this discount was from the AD and they told me that Bremont does not like them to discount but as this was an ex-display piece then they were ‘allowed’

To be honest, I would never buy a Bremont at retail price.

Yes I did like the watch but the other part of the story plus the discounting put me off altogether.i will gladly post the other reason for you if you would like, something I have refrained from doing out of courtesy to those members that own the Wrighflyer
    When I was offered the RG at £20k I thought wow bargain, but then that's probably nearer to fair value as things have turned out.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 12-29-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    i will gladly post the other reason for you if you would like
    I am curious but if you would prefer to keep it out of the public domain, by all means send me a private message rather than posting your reason on the forum.