Page 438 of 450 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 4496

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    There are a lot of recovering former Rolex addicts I would think.
    The Pam looks in a different league to a Yachtmaster for instance.To me it does anyway.
    Recovering addicts! LOL

In my early twenties, I used to own a yellow gold perpetual calendar with the president bracelet for a couple of years before I realized how stupid it looked on my wrist so I sold it and bought myself a PP Calatrava.

I have never had the urge to buy another Rolex since but would like a vintage Submariner on a nice vintage leather nato strap, something like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    Recovering addicts! LOL

In my early twenties, I used to own a yellow gold perpetual calendar with the president bracelet for a couple of years before I realized how stupid it looked on my wrist so I sold it and bought myself a PP Calatrava.

I have never had the urge to buy another Rolex since but would like a vintage Submariner on a nice vintage leather nato strap, something like this one.

Never really been a lover of Nato's on Subs myself, I have owned 2, both date models, ceramic & pre-ceramic, but out of all the Rolex models I have owned over the last 20 odd years this is the one I regret selling.
    Oh well such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

I've never understood the fascination with Rolex, they're decent enough watches, not to my taste but all I see is a brand used by many to display wealth and not for the enjoyment of the watch. That's even more apparent when the pre-owned prices are ridiculous. A dealer local to me has one of the 'Root beer' watches I believe for sale at around 15k. Nice enough but it looks about a 4k-5k watch to me.

I quite like the one in the picture on the NATO strap but would never pay the kind of money that it commands pre-owned and of course would never be able to buy one new because us normal people are refused entry to that private club.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    a brand used by many to display wealth and not for the enjoyment of the watch.
    I agree ☝️ 100%

I think Bounce's Tudor GMT is better looking than the Rolex he had.
    My own humble opinion is that his Tudor GMT is the best looking Swiss watch that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    I think Bounce's Tudor GMT is better looking than the Rolex he had.
    My own humble opinion is that his Tudor GMT is the best looking Swiss watch that there is.
    Thanks Larry, nice of you to say.
    I do love my BB GMT, but if I had the choice I would go for my Coke GMT every time as I loved the the black & red plus the cyclops.
    I personally think the bracelet & finishing on the BB is better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Thanks Larry, nice of you to say.
    I do love my BB GMT, but if I had the choice I would go for my Coke GMT every time as I loved the the black & red plus the cyclops.
    I personally think the bracelet & finishing on the BB is better though.
    I like all of the Black Bay range and would add the GMT if I could.
    I had my 58 on yesterday and couldn't stop looking at it.
    The Rolex Cyclops have the opposite effect on me but your PAM looks good with one.

I received the strap I had ordered from GGB yesterday, I am really happy with this strap and I placed an order for another one immediately LOL!

Out for a stroll yesterday taking in the sea air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My son pulled the trigger on this beauty after having a good look at other options, back to his original choice and what he had his eye on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk