Page 323 of 326 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3253

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

  1. #3221
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,253

    #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuluAlpha View Post
    Larry's house

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forum, ZuluAlpha - thanks for sharing your watch and picture. It’s not everyday you get to take a wrist-shot at No. 10!

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #3222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I think the DH-88 is great, in fact, a contender for the best looking watch that Bremont has made. The rear view is also stunning.

    As for why it's less popular, I'm not sure. Bear in mind the Wright Flyer doesn't get much love on the pre-owned market either. It's talked about a lot but pre-owned watches are selling for £12k or less which with an rrp of £17k is quite a drop. In fact, they are still available to buy new which is quite astounding for a limited edition watch that was released five years ago. The Codebreaker is an exception and seems to be gaining in value.

    I have a feeling that the DH-88 is one of those watches that you need to see in person. Pictures of it never do it justice and that's what the internet relies on. Everywhere I've seen the DH-88 on display it has sold quickly but it's also more of a dress watch which may be part of the reason for it to be not as in demand as some of the more sporty watches and I suppose that at its price point it may be too expensive for some and too cheap for others?
    Thank you for your in-depth answer. Good to read you agree that the DH88 is one of the better looking Bremonts.

    I'm unsure what makes the Wright Flyer nearly double the price of the DH88 . In both RRP and pre owned.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #3223
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I'm unsure what makes the Wright Flyer nearly double the price of the DH88 . In both RRP and pre owned.
    It’s an interesting point, that. After the Wright Flyer ‘debacle’ you could still buy the watch from AD’s at RRP if you looked hard enough, yet they were trading above RRP on places such as Chrono24 - no rhyme or reason.

    Now, the fact that the WF is above the DH88 in terms of cost can, only in my opinion, be down to the different in the movement adding a perceived ‘extra’ value - even-though it was the very thing that initially damaged the watches reputation - and also the more widespread appeal Worldwide of the Wright Flyer....

    As from the above, I can’t think why else it would be.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3224
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Now, the fact that the WF is above the DH88 in terms of cost can, only in my opinion, be down to the different in the movement adding a perceived ‘extra’ value - even-though it was the very thing that initially damaged the watches reputation - and also the more widespread appeal Worldwide of the Wright Flyer....

    As from the above, I can’t think why else it would be.
    It's all down to a small piece of cloth......

    I doubt we'll ever know what that small piece of cloth in the back of the Wright Flyer cost Bremont but I suspect it was quite a lot. In my opinion that's where the higher price of the Wright Flyer comes from. I don't think it's the movement and I base that on the fact that the same movement can be found in the stainless steel Jaguar Mk1 (which is £9k compared to the SS Wright Flyer at £18k) and it can also be found in the rose gold AC35 (which was £16k compared to the RG Wright Flyer at £27k).

  5. #3225
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I'm unsure what makes the Wright Flyer nearly double the price of the DH88 . In both RRP and pre owned.
    See my reply above. Somewhat bizarrely, you can still buy the SS Wright Flyer at Beaverbrooks of all places - https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/00114...n-Mens-Watch/p

  6. #3226
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    It's all down to a small piece of cloth......
    From memory Bremont purchased something like 14 square inches of fabric - just a ‘fun fact!’

    J.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #3227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    From memory Bremont purchased something like 14 square inches of fabric - just a ‘fun fact!’

    J.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is more a question for Bremont Triva Pursuit not your new Monopoly game

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  8. #3228
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    That is more a question for Bremont Triva Pursuit not your new Monopoly game

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Now there’s an idea......!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3229
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    From memory Bremont purchased something like 14 square inches of fabric - just a ‘fun fact!’
    So if Bremont purchased 14 square inches, there were 450 Wright Flyer watches made in total, each of which is about £9k more than their non-Wright Flyer equivalent (same case, same mechanism, no fabric) then we can (in good humour) say that Bremont Wright Flyer customers have paid nearly £300k per square inch of fabric. That's one expensive aeroplane!

    of course, this is a tongue in cheek comment and I'm sure that there's far more to it.

  10. #3230
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    So if Bremont purchased 14 square inches, there were 450 Wright Flyer watches made in total, each of which is about £9k more than their non-Wright Flyer equivalent (same case, same mechanism, no fabric) then we can (in good humour) say that Bremont Wright Flyer customers have paid nearly £300k per square inch of fabric. That's one expensive aeroplane!
    I had a look around, a 1.5” square piece of fabric sold for $12.5k (£9.5k approximately) at the start of this year - interesting to see how that compares to your numbers.

    J.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites