Page 416 of 443 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4422

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by englandspeedy View Post
    Just received my Hawking ! Dressing it down a bit with the OEM khaki sailcloth. So pleased with this LE!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I agree with bounce, it's a stunner.The date window looks beautiful as does the rest of the dial.
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Looks like a Mustang
    Handsome watch though.
    I think some artistic licence my have been used - either way, it's rather cleverly done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Unique & fantastic looking watch J, Spitfire isn't bad either.
    Thanks Bounce. I still can't quite put my feelings in to words with regards to this watch and (obviously) the story behind it. Feels a bit like 'my MBI' if that makes sense? More than 'just' another Bremont.

J.

Just received my Hawking ! Dressing it down a bit with the OEM khaki sailcloth. So pleased with this LE!

That's beautiful - wasn't a strap that I was expecting would work, but it blinking well does! How are your initial impressions overall?

J.

Wow! Looks great. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That's beautiful - wasn't a strap that I was expecting would work, but it blinking well does! How are your initial impressions overall?

J.
    It's really been a GREAT and thought-provoking first day with the Hawking thusfar. A few things that have surprised me:

1) I was really worried it would be much too dressy and polished. In fact, while the bezel is indeed of a high polish, the top of the lugs are actually brushed with an amazing and subtle bevelling on the sides. Superbly well done - and again, it's not as overly shiny and 'blingy' as I had feared. With more casual straps - I think it works GREAT. Attaching a photo of the wonderfully angled bevelling on the lugs below...

2) The size and fit at 41mm is absolutely perfect for me. I'm used to the usual 43mm Bremont sizes - and this absolutely hugs the wrist perfectly. Am I wrong in thinking this is the first LE in a while to be a 41 rather than a 43??

3) Love, love the chunky crown - built to recollect the dome on the Greenwhich observatory. Super easy to use.

4) The twin disk 'grande date' is fab. I've had Glashutte Original 'panoramadatum' wacthes in the past - and this is on the same level. Really well done.

5) I'm an open caseback guy. I will always opt for an open caseback if available so part of me was a bit bummed out that this caseback is closed. That said, it's so intricate and fun to stare at. Since it isn't using the more attarctive La Joux-Perret movement (as we saw in the Wright Flyer and H4) I'm honestly not bothered and actually feel myself getting sucked into all the cool shoutouts on the caseback. From Hawking's desk to the stars to the meteorite. It really, really works.

So yeah - one day in. But I'm super pleased and while a part of me thought I would give it the 14-day 'trial' then decide - I can say this is staying with me for sure.

I think some artistic licence my have been used - either way, it's rather cleverly done!

Thanks Bounce. I still can't quite put my feelings in to words with regards to this watch and (obviously) the story behind it. Feels a bit like 'my MBI' if that makes sense? More than 'just' another Bremont.

J.
    Its definitely more than just another Bremont J, as I said its a unique watch with story to go with it, which makes it special.
    You can post as many pictures of it on here as you like, I will never tire of admiring it.

It's really been a GREAT and thought-provoking first day with the Hawking thusfar. A few things that have surprised me:

1) I was really worried it would be much too dressy and polished. In fact, while the bezel is indeed of a high polish, the top of the lugs are actually brushed with an amazing and subtle bevelling on the sides. Superbly well done - and again, it's not as overly shiny and 'blingy' as I had feared. With more casual straps - I think it works GREAT. Attaching a photo of the wonderfully angled bevelling on the lugs below...

2) The size and fit at 41mm is absolutely perfect for me. I'm used to the usual 43mm Bremont sizes - and this absolutely hugs the wrist perfectly. Am I wrong in thinking this is the first LE in a while to be a 41 rather than a 43??

3) Love, love the chunky crown - built to recollect the dome on the Greenwhich observatory. Super easy to use.

4) The twin disk 'grande date' is fab. I've had Glashutte Original 'panoramadatum' wacthes in the past - and this is on the same level. Really well done.

5) I'm an open caseback guy. I will always opt for an open caseback if available so part of me was a bit bummed out that this caseback is closed. That said, it's so intricate and fun to stare at. Since it isn't using the more attarctive La Joux-Perret movement (as we saw in the Wright Flyer and H4) I'm honestly not bothered and actually feel myself getting sucked into all the cool shoutouts on the caseback. From Hawking's desk to the stars to the meteorite. It really, really works.

So yeah - one day in. But I'm super pleased and while a part of me thought I would give it the 14-day 'trial' then decide - I can say this is staying with me for sure.

I am glad you have decided it s a keeper, it is such an exceptional watch.

We will probably not see many of them about, but with you around on the forum we can admire its beauty in great detail often I hope.

Great pics by the way.

That's beautiful - wasn't a strap that I was expecting would work, but it blinking well does!
    I have the same thoughts. Beautiful watch, I would never have put it with that khaki strap in a million years - but it works!

I really like the retrograde seconds hand. First saw that on a Victory a few years ago and thought it was great I didn't imagine that Bremont would use it again but pleased that they have.

This is from yesterday but the sun isn't out today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210704_091001.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	4848

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

J.