Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bremont Hawking Collection!

The Bremont Hawking Collection!

Good evening everyone,

I’m sure some of you were (or are!) watching the launch - very different to previous years, as we would expect!

I’m sure Stephen Hawking needs no introduction here, so here it is: the latest (and 10th!) Historical LE - the Bremont Hawking!

Housed in a dressy 41mm case, and powered by the non-chronometer rated Bremont BE-33AE movement, this time with a retrograde seconds, the watch contains disks of wood from Stephen’s famous desk and a sample of meteorite. The caseback is a bit of a change up from Bremont, but is a masterclass in detail. Alongside the wood and meteorite, it shows a depiction of the stars visible in the sky over Oxford when Stephen was born on 8th January 1942, as well as a nod to his famous work 'A Brief History of Time.'

My favourite touch is the equation visible on the (closed) caseback. It is the 'Hawkings Equation' and is found on Stephen's grave in Westminster Abbey. The equation links to black holes and the radiation within - something which you can see on the dial of the watch, represented by the black spiral.

The watches are Limited to 388 in Stainless Steel, and 88 in Rose and White Gold, respectively. Each serial number is visible on the caseback, printed on paper from Stephen’s revolutionary 1979 work on Black Holes, often referred to ‘The Nuts and Bolts of Gravity.’

Retail prices are £7995/$9995 in steel, £17995/$22495 in Rose Gold and £18995/$23495 in White Gold.

As usual, some proceeds from the sales will go to the Stephen Hawking Foundation, who do a great deal to support and research Motor Neurone Disease. They will be available to buy in AD’s within the next few weeks.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-17-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Who’s watching? Certainly a few familiar names in that chat - including members of Sir Stephen’s family!

What are everybody’s thoughts?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-16-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Enjoyed the presentation, the watches are very nice and pay tribute to a very special man.

Is there a touch of PP in the looks department of these latest mens editions, and its nice to see the ladies have a chance to join in the LE club.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Who’s watching?
    I thought it was a really good presentation. Very interesting. Not really what I was expecting but great never the less. Nice to see the Hawking family so involved, especially Lucy joining the live chat. The only negative, I would have liked to have seen close ups of the watches a bit more.

Unfortunately, it has nothing on a live event. I'm impressed with what they have put together given the times that we're in but I really miss a live event. Seeing the watches in person, enjoying the social aspect and even a special visit to a venue that most will not likely have been to before is far superior. Goes without saying I suppose.

In terms of what I have seen of the watches, they are all amazing. The Quantum especially, knocks it out of the park. Between the three mens watches, it's a difficult decision. The rose gold and stainless steel are the front runners for me with the white gold in third..... for now

Here are a few pictures of the ladies piece - the ‘Hawking Quantum.’

A 34mm case, meteorite dial with diamond bezel and hour markers. Limited to 88 and £7995/$9995.

I think it’s a great move by Bremont to expand in this way, I’m sure it will be popular!

There are currently no plans to put the men’s version on a bracelet, but I think it would look good!

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-17-2020 at 08:42 AM.

That’s an expensive video with Mark Strong narrating and with Brian Cox as well!

Watch is nice but not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a departure from the usual Bremont limited editions. It’s always interesting to see what Nick and Giles come up with as the theme to the limited edition watches and this time it was one of the hardest to predict.

The conversations between the brothers was ‘entertaining’

As for the watches themselves, nice looking dress watch with a date window that you can actually read(it’s an age thing)

Last edited by Baggie68; 11-16-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie68 View Post
    Quite a departure from the usual Bremont limited editions. It’s always interesting to see what Nick and Giles come up with as the theme to the limited edition watches and this time it was one of the hardest to predict.

The conversations between the brothers was ‘entertaining’

As for the watches themselves, nice looking dress watch with a date window that you can actually read(it’s an age thing)

So its not only me that struggles to read the date on Bremont's

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Who’s watching? Certainly a few familiar names in that chat - including members of Sir Stephen’s family!

What are everybody’s thoughts?

J.
    Love the look of the watch. Tempting...

Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

I am not really a dress watch sort of person, but I actually quite like the design & tribute to a great man. Well done Bremont something slightly different.