Page 304 of 311 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3102

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Today I will mostly be wearing these lot... #WNOYW … what's not on your wrist

Attachment 4203
    There's just a couple of nice watches there, Ryan - is that your collection? What would you pick out of that lot as being your favourite?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Neil, good to see you joining us - welcome to the forum!

You've picked a great watch there. How long have you had it, and what made you choose the MBIII as your first Bremont?

J.

PS - I've merged your multiple pictures in to one post. Hope you don't mind.
    Hi

Iím a quiet contributor. Itís my first post for a while, but my second Bremont.

Iíve had this WT for a number of years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Not one of the Bremont watches in the collection but today another Chrono I picked up at a vintage watch auction yesterday. What was interesting was they had a Bremont U2 full set.

Quote Originally Posted by NineBolts View Post
    Not one of the Bremont watches in the collection but today another Chrono I picked up at a vintage watch auction yesterday. What was interesting was they had a Bremont U2 full set.

I have always liked the speed inspired design of the Omega and Daytona Watches! I wish Bremont would come up with a speed calculating bezel to add to one of their watch lines! I think it would open up a market for the motorsport crowd! They have covered the aviation, boating, exploring, yachting, diving, and rowing crowds but not a true Motorsport watch! An ALT1-C with a speed bezel for example would look awesome! Just thinking! Cheers JIM
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLeslie View Post
    I have always liked the speed inspired design of the Omega and Daytona Watches! I wish Bremont would come up with a speed calculating bezel to add to one of their watch lines! I think it would open up a market for the motorsport crowd! They have covered the aviation, boating, exploring, yachting, diving, and rowing crowds but not a true Motorsport watch! An ALT1-C with a speed bezel for example would look awesome! Just thinking! Cheers JIM
    Although the Jag MkII and the Norton does have an internal Tachymeter bezel or chapter ring. BTW the rowing complication for the Leander is a bit of a useless gimmick, if they wanted to do it properly they should have made the chronometer seconds hand complete a full rotation in much less time. Rowing rates are tracked over 2-3 complete strokes which at racing rates is in the region of 3-5 seconds. The old rowing rate meter pocket stop watches used to cover a full rotation of the hand in about 10 seconds

Bremont made a few special edition stop watches for the Henley Royal Regatta umpires but I suspect that they really use digital rate meters form NIELSEN-KELLERMAN. I have one of these but would love to find a vintage mechanical rate watch.
    https://nksports.com/category-timing...lit-rate-watch

Mbiii

After a shaky start, Bremont had to make me a new watch, I'm loving my new MBIII. Changed the strap to a Meyhofer titanium bracelet, not the greatest quality but looks the part

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBIII.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	4204

Quote Originally Posted by Limelight2112 View Post
    After a shaky start, Bremont had to make me a new watch, I'm loving my new MBIII. Changed the strap to a Meyhofer titanium bracelet, not the greatest quality but looks the part

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MBIII.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	4204
    Limelight, welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here!

You've picked a watch there that the forum came up with the initial idea for back in the very early days of Bremont, so good choice!

I'm intrigued why you went for an aftermarket bracelet, and not the Bremont one. Cost? They do now make end-linksto fit the MB series so as not to damage the barrel.

Thanks for joining us!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by NineBolts View Post

That's a proper beauty - I've always had a soft spot for vintage Speedy's, but have never owned one. The patina on that is lovely, Ninebolts.

Any idea what the U2 full set went for? Always good to know as a guide for those who're thinking of selling.

J.

#WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Not my wrist, but that of ĎVADORí, the Belgian Air Force F-16AM demo pilot - I spy a Bremont!

(Not my picture, found it on the RIAT FB page!)

Are any members at RIAT or Duxford this weekend? Itíd be good to say hello if so!

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-13-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Just returned from RIAT. Was a long day but good albeit a little wet! If your heading down J, have a great time. The F35 & Su-27 were very cool.