Page 367 of 450 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4493

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

  1. #3661
    Last edited by Lancaster; 01-05-2021 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #3662
    Senior Member Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Looking good, you still have the white stuff then.

  3. #3663
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Looking good, you still have the white stuff then.
    Yeah it's deep on the tops but like a lot of locals I've been staying away from the Pike because of all the visitors who shouldn't still be travelling there, but are

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lancaster; 01-06-2021 at 08:49 AM.

  4. #3664
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Yeah it's deep on the tops but like a lot of locals I've been staying away from the Pike because of all the visitors who shouldn't still be travelling there, but are

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Worrying that in the current situation people are still not following the rules.

  5. #3665
    In the first pic there is a golf course under the snow somewhere.
    There were plenty up Rivington yesterday and more cars than a normal snowy January.
    To me if you have to drive somewhere it isn't local.
    There are probably more people flouting the rules now than obeying them

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  6. #3666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    In the first pic there is a golf course under the snow somewhere.
    There were plenty up Rivington yesterday and more cars than a normal snowy January.
    To me if you have to drive somewhere it isn't local.
    There are probably more people flouting the rules now than obeying them

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last time I was up there was watching the Commonwealth Games Mountain Biking.
    Must go back when next up in Preston.

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  7. #3667
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Last time I was up there was watching the Commonwealth Games Mountain Biking.
    Must go back when next up in Preston.

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    I remember that too, Cardiac hill was one of the climbs used.
    I've been up that hill a few times and my success rate at getting up without putting my foot down is about 50%
    There were quite a few bikes out yesterday as the top layer of snow was soft.
    I've noticed hundreds of electric bikes this year and Cube seems to be the most popular.

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  8. #3668
    You can just about make out 3 mountain bikers coming over from Winter Hill in this pic

    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

  9. #3669
    Hi Lancaster, obviously not at the moment but is Rivington Barn still a going concern. Don't get over that way much these days tend to go into the trough and a up to Chipping and Longridge.
    Remember doing some work in Edgeworth many moons ago at this time of year cutting through the reservoirs from Belmont. Lovely part of the country.

  10. #3670
    Senior Member Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    In the first pic there is a golf course under the snow somewhere.
    There were plenty up Rivington yesterday and more cars than a normal snowy January.
    To me if you have to drive somewhere it isn't local.
    There are probably more people flouting the rules now than obeying them


    Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    You are right, local is not supposed to be driving there.
    There are definitely more people out & about in their cars this time, but then I suppose we are lucky as we have the river & woods all within walking distance.
    Great pics, Your dog looks happy to be out in the snow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites