Page 284 of 321 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3208

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I was on the list too, but having found out I was about 300 years off getting one, I gave up my place.

That's the only issue with Rolex - lovely watches (this, the SD43 and the BLNR in particular) but silly waitlists.

J.
    Hi J,

I had no idea there was a waiting list for Rolex watches. I can see what the Daytona would be popular.

Best,
    Argo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son will be getting the F-4 special edition. Anybody can buy a Rolex given enough time and funds but the F-4 SE has a barrier to entry, just like a MB1. Besides, the younger generation mostly could care less about timepieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Although, to borrow from the Patek Philippe philosophy, "you never actually own a PP, you merely look after it for the next generation ("yes, because when you give it to your child, you also hand over the monthly payment for the damned thing as they cost as a mortgage"), you could bequeath your place on the waiting list to one of your kids. That's love that is. I can see it now:

"Jenny, here's my classic MBII which I want you to have. When you wear it, I want you to think of me." "Thanks Dad, I love you and I love the watch."

"John, I've something different for you. Its a bit of paper that confirms you're number 182 on the Rolex Daytona waiting list. Now, this may seem like a crappy gift, but when I first put my name down, I was number 300. So son, we're getting there. Every time you look at this piece of paper, providing you don't lose it, you'll wonder what a complete muppet your old man is." "Too right dad. Jenny, can I borrow your new watch please?"

Best,
    Argo

Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil because the RF-4C is one fast son of a b........

Quote Originally Posted by spyvito View Post
    My son will be getting the F-4 special edition. Anybody can buy a Rolex given enough time and funds but the F-4 SE has a barrier to entry, just like a MB1. Besides, the younger generation mostly could care less about timepieces.
    And I'm sure he'll appreciate that, and most likely never see another one - unlike Rolex!

J.

Wow! Amazing collection!

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Here goes...

Wow. Amazing collection and great photos!

#WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

^^ Thanks. The list is well out of date already.

Richard

Don't forget to put your watches back, folks!

J.

Richard

Been a busy week of selling watches this week, as I try to balance things a little. Four watches have left the collection, but it's definitely been worth it:

Richard