Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bremont vs Breitling

  1. #1

    Bremont vs Breitling

    Hi,

    I'm not usually one to post or even comment on the "XX vs YY" type of thread but, I am particularly interested to hear people's opinions about some potential next watches. I am looking for a mechanical chronograph to add to my collection and so naturally I've been looking at the Breitling offerings. I've focused mainly on the Navitimers and there is something very special about the standard Navi that makes it a classic. We all know about the virtues of the Navitimer and I think it's a classic that anyone would be proud to own. I'd be looking for it with batons, and a two-tone dial.

    For More Details:-
    Explainer Video Production Service

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    in a very general sense, I find most Breitlings to be too busy and blingy and prefer the classic looks of the Bremonts. There are exceptions to both, but that's my general feeling on the brands.
    - TexZan -

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    651
    If you only going to buy one watch I'd go for the Navitimer as it's a classic. However if you already own other watches and want sometime else I'd go for a Bremont. Unless you are after a Bremont LE then I'd go for that.


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,221

    Bremont vs Breitling

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    If you only going to buy one watch I'd go for the Navitimer as it's a classic. However if you already own other watches and want sometime else I'd go for a Bremont. Unless you are after a Bremont LE then I'd go for that.


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I would usually agree about the Navitimer, but having tried a friends new Superocean Heritage the other day, Iím won over - itís lovely. It has the ceramic bezel and the new in-house movement from the collaboration with Tudor. Not bad for under £4K.



    If I were to go down the route of a Navitimer, Iíd go vintage (806 or 7806) - more of an investment than a modern one, in my opinion.

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 05-27-2018 at 09:13 AM.

  5. #5
    I like both. Recently bought this 10yr old in mint condition and put a bremont kevlar strap and buckle on it.
    Would love to put a waterman kevlar strap (in small) on it but they are not sold separately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breitling.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	4507
    Sorry crappy picture.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelhogg View Post
    I like both. Recently bought this 10yr old in mint condition and put a bremont kevlar strap and buckle on it.
    Would love to put a waterman kevlar strap (in small) on it but they are not sold separately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breitling.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	4507
    Sorry crappy picture.
    Hope you're well trained in its' use!!

    And at the same time hope you never need to use it!

  7. #7
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelhogg View Post
    I like both. Recently bought this 10yr old in mint condition and put a bremont kevlar strap and buckle on it.
    Would love to put a waterman kevlar strap (in small) on it but they are not sold separately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breitling.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	4507
    Sorry crappy picture.
    Iíve always wanted to own an Emergency (should I admit that on *the* Bremont forum?)

    The newer ones (Emergency II) with the dual 406/121.5 facility are incredible pieces of technology - I love the coral dial too!

    J.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    There is a lot more to it than I thought there would be. I would probably forget how to do it properly if I was ever in a situation that I had to use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Hope you're well trained in its' use!!

    And at the same time hope you never need to use it!

  9. #9
    I like the newer ones too, however the cost, and the size of them (you can see I have skinny wrists) don't suit me.

    It took me a while to find a decent coral one at a decent price. Most you see on ebay/chrono24 are blue/black or yellow, and although I like the yellow one it has no lume numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I’ve always wanted to own an Emergency (should I admit that on *the* Bremont forum?)

    The newer ones (Emergency II) with the dual 406/121.5 facility are incredible pieces of technology - I love the coral dial too!

    J.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,221
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelhogg View Post
    I like the newer ones too, however the cost, and the size of them (you can see I have skinny wrists) don't suit me.

    It took me a while to find a decent coral one at a decent price. Most you see on ebay/chrono24 are blue/black or yellow, and although I like the yellow one it has no lume numbers.
    Here it is on my wrist - I took this at the launch at Basel, you can see my MB/TWG on the table behind..



    I totally agree with your views on the cost and size - at a smidge over £12k, it certainly makes the Ďoriginalsí look like amazing value for money...

    J.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites