Page 388 of 398 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3976

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I have the same opinion. DLC looks really nice on a new watch but over time starts to look awful as it scratches and wears away. It is a very hard material but also microscopically thin and inevitably will get damaged. It is of course more obvious as the DLC coatings on a watch are over a shiny silver metal which will just make any damage more obvious.
    I just wish more watch companies start using aged steel like this, honestly on touching it feel like a gun barrel.
    I would never pay that much money on a RL watch but I just fell in love with the material.

I'd be too wary of something like that being scratched. It's like DLC but not such a hard coating. I think the description of 'aged steel' is a little misleading as it's simply chemical coated steel.

it does however look nice when it's new.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'd be too wary of something like that being scratched. It's like DLC but not such a hard coating. I think the description of 'aged steel' is a little misleading as it's simply chemical coated steel.

it does however look nice when it's new.
    Actually I will post a picture of the buckle as it has a scratch on it ( I was gardening and scratched it against a stone ! The watch is over six years old.

IMHO the scratch adds to the character of this metal, I love this metal but I agree it may not be to everyone’s liking.

Explored a couple of beer gardens this week.
    I didn't take my phone with me but suffice to say my S300 was with me both times.
    My other blue dialled watches, An Aquaracer and an SMP both look beautiful but the Supermarine is the skipper of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Explored a couple of beer gardens this week.
    I didn't take my phone with me but suffice to say my S300 was with me both times.
    My other blue dialled watches, An Aquaracer and an SMP both look beautiful but the Supermarine is the skipper of the team
    Don't rub it in!!!
    Really missing my Supermarine & its only been couple of weeks, although I have been wearing my BB GMT a lot more since.
    Any news on the latest addition?

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Don't rub it in!!!
    Really missing my Supermarine & its only been couple of weeks, although I have been wearing my BB GMT a lot more since.
    Any news on the latest addition?
    hahaha I wasn't baiting you although I did think of your 500 when I posted the message.
    The BB probably looks better in the sun than the Supermarine, it's a real looker and a must for beer gardens.
    I haven't heard anything more about the Lancaster and we're in Ambleside next week.

hahaha I wasn't baiting you although I did think of your 500 when I posted the message.
    The BB probably looks better in the sun than the Supermarine, it's a real looker and a must for beer gardens.
    I haven't heard anything more about the Lancaster and we're in Ambleside next week.
    I am not too sure about that, the S500 does stand out in the sun, but as you say so does the BB GMT.
    I hope it doesn't turn up next week then.

They're emailing me on Monday to arrange a delivery date after i got in touch yesterday and told them I'd be in the lakes.

They're emailing me on Monday to arrange a delivery date after i got in touch yesterday and told them I'd be in the lakes.
    I hope you can arrange a suitable time soon, you must be missing it!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I hope you can arrange a suitable time soon, you must be missing it!

J.
    Hopefully next weekend thanks.