Page 283 of 398 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3974

Thread: #WOYW - What's On Your Wrist!

As punishment for buying my S300 from elsewhere, David forced me to buy this from his shop:

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    As punishment for buying my S300 from elsewhere, David forced me to buy this from his shop:

Rich,
    I can’t blame you one bit. Last night, we had a RedBar Atlanta event sponsored by MONTA Watches and Everest Bands. Justin, who works for Monta, was wearing his white ceramic Daytona and allowed me to wear it for most of the night! Haha! Loved it!! Congrats!!

Here are few examples of MONTA Watches as well. They’ve got a diver called the Ocean King and sort of a field style watch called the Triumph.

A few other goodies from last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The Daytona looks fine on the Everest. I have one of those straps and it works well on my other Rolex. I think I will keep the Daytona on the bracelet for a while though.

Richard

Lovely watch, on the waiting list but a few years off yet for me. Did you specify the white dial or was it whichever came in first?

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    Lovely watch, on the waiting list but a few years off yet for me. Did you specify the white dial or was it whichever came in first?
    Thanks. I have seen both versions in a "look but don't touch" setting and I definitely preferred the white dial - to the extent that I'd probably not have gone for the black dial if offered. So yes, I was always on the list for the white version only.

Richard

Definitely the nicer of the two dials

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    I was on the list too, but having found out I was about 300 years off getting one, I gave up my place.

That's the only issue with Rolex - lovely watches (this, the SD43 and the BLNR in particular) but silly waitlists.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I was on the list too, but having found out I was about 300 years off getting one, I gave up my place.

That's the only issue with Rolex - lovely watches (this, the SD43 and the BLNR in particular) but silly waitlists.

J.
    Although, to borrow from the Patek Philippe philosophy, "you never actually own a PP, you merely look after it for the next generation ("yes, because when you give it to your child, you also hand over the monthly payment for the damned thing as they cost as a mortgage"), you could bequeath your place on the waiting list to one of your kids. That's love that is. I can see it now:

"Jenny, here's my classic MBII which I want you to have. When you wear it, I want you to think of me." "Thanks Dad, I love you and I love the watch."

"John, I've something different for you. Its a bit of paper that confirms you're number 182 on the Rolex Daytona waiting list. Now, this may seem like a crappy gift, but when I first put my name down, I was number 300. So son, we're getting there. Every time you look at this piece of paper, providing you don't lose it, you'll wonder what a complete muppet your old man is." "Too right dad. Jenny, can I borrow your new watch please?"

Best,
    Argo

Haaahahaaaaahahhhaaaargh!!! Revenge! Revenge! (twirls what's left of moustache and removes badly thrown cloak from in front of eyes.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Although, to borrow from the Patek Philippe philosophy, "you never actually own a PP, you merely look after it for the next generation ("yes, because when you give it to your child, you also hand over the monthly payment for the damned thing as they cost as a mortgage"), you could bequeath your place on the waiting list to one of your kids. That's love that is. I can see it now:

"Jenny, here's my classic MBII which I want you to have. When you wear it, I want you to think of me." "Thanks Dad, I love you and I love the watch."

"John, I've something different for you. Its a bit of paper that confirms you're number 182 on the Rolex Daytona waiting list. Now, this may seem like a crappy gift, but when I first put my name down, I was number 300. So son, we're getting there. Every time you look at this piece of paper, providing you don't lose it, you'll wonder what a complete muppet your old man is." "Too right dad. Jenny, can I borrow your new watch please?"

Best,
    Argo
    That certainly did make me chuckle - thanks Argo!

J.