Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidents you've had with your Bremonts?

Accidents you've had with your Bremonts?

As one of the main pulls of the Bremont range are their durability factor, I wondered what mishaps you've had with yours and the watch has come away better than expected?

This stems from me taking my SM500 in for repair the other day. Whilst in the store, the salesman told me about a customer watch that had been dropped 40 feet, apparently, on to concrete?! I didn't get to see it, but he told me all that had happened was that the movement had become a little dislodged, however there wasn't a mark on the case of the watch?

The salesman was very chatty, very knowledgable and great to talk to, however I seriously find this very hard to believe. It was a Chrono model I believe so therefore not as much shock protection as an MBii etc. I would think at the very least, the crystal would have smashed etc.

However, I would be interested to know of your own stories?

I, for one, would welcome any forum member who wishes to prove or disprove this story by dropping their Bremont from 40ft...(and videoing it!)....

(might be waiting a while for this offer to be taken up...)

Quote Originally Posted by jw1000m View Post
    (might be waiting a while for this offer to be taken up...)
    I don't think you're wrong there but I'd still like to hear real-life\realistic stories.

Some of you have seen my video before, but for the new guys and gals here was my test of myMB1 last year! Tested beyond Endurance!! http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/x...1/0abf1f54.mp4
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

I had a car door opened on me as I cycled into work, wearing my EP120. I came off my bike and the watch did fine compared to my hands, although they weren't too bad as I was wearing gloves.

Around 4 months later I dropped my EP120 from the sink onto the tiles of my bathroom floor and chipped the bezel. Nick very, very, very, very kindly changed it for me at no cost.

I bet that was a little bit sickening... Amazing of the company to replace the bezel though!

Did it damage the metal or just chip the actual pvd coating?

Sure when I have another accident with one of

my Bremonts I will be sure to video tape it. I fitted my Bremont first gen rubber strap to my Martin Baker which it turns out do not actually properly fit for me no matter what I tried. So, I thought it was properly on and was playing basketball outside on the concrete with my kids....see where this is going?...full strength pass and as the ball left my hands my MBII flew off in the direction of the CONCRETE. It was cringe inducing in only the way a loud bone snap sounds. The dents are not that noticeable and it still keeps better time than my former Sean Connery spy diver's watch. So 40ft freefall? Nope. Effective force and kinetic energy on the right side 6o'clock lug? Equivalent...at least...not a believer? Do your own experiment and take video because then everyone will have documentation of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by valdarrant View Post
    my Bremonts I will be sure to video tape it. I fitted my Bremont first gen rubber strap to my Martin Baker which it turns out do not actually properly fit for me no matter what I tried. So, I thought it was properly on and was playing basketball outside on the concrete with my kids....see where this is going?...full strength pass and as the ball left my hands my MBII flew off in the direction of the CONCRETE. It was cringe inducing in only the way a loud bone snap sounds. The dents are not that noticeable and it still keeps better time than my former Sean Connery spy diver's watch. So 40ft freefall? Nope. Effective force and kinetic energy on the right side 6o'clock lug? Equivalent...at least...not a believer? Do your own experiment and take video because then everyone will have documentation of the truth.
    That confirms the story was BS then, however it sounds like the crystal held up on yours which is impressive. Got any pics of the damage?

During service, the top part of the case could be replaced making it like new again by the sounds of things.

Sure will post later on...

It caught the corner of a step so didn't have much chance and the metal was damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I bet that was a little bit sickening... Amazing of the company to replace the bezel though!

Did it damage the metal or just chip the actual pvd coating?