Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Bremont.

Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    G-F...I'll take that 911 off your hands if you don't want it...:-)
    I'll trade it for that C117 of yours...

Long story short, I went in to Military College 20 years ago to be a pilot. Ultimately failed the medical (eyes) got re-classed as Air Nav. Decided it was not what I wanted. Got out of the military after 3 years. Changed my academic plan from Space Science to Business and from plane pilot to car pilot. Raced a season of F2000, been a BWWCCA instructor for the last 5 years. Being a major account manager in the pharmaceuticals pays the bills.

I'd trade this all to be a fighter pilot.
    Last edited by G-F; 01-17-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomus View Post
    Alt1tude thanks so much for your help and I can't believe how much help everyone has been on here. What started off as frustration has changed and restored my faith. I really appreciate the help and the quick turn around of the watch. Also seems like a great community on here!
    Cheers guys.
    Great to hear it all turns out fine for you! Told you! You were not gonna be the first to be let down by Bremont's service.
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by G-F View Post
    I'll trade it for that C117 of yours...

Long story short, I went in to Military College 20 years ago to be a pilot. Ultimately failed the medical (eyes) got re-classed as Air Nav. Decided it was not what I wanted. Got out of the military after 3 years. Changed my academic plan from Space Science to Business and from plane pilot to car pilot. Raced a season of F2000, been a BWWCCA instructor for the last 5 years. Being a major account manager in the pharmaceuticals pays the bills.

I'd trade this all to be a fighter pilot.
    Interesting story...and not too different from mine. I was originally in the Air Force as a clarinet player in the band but decided to go fly instead (slight change of lifestyle...just slight...). I almost got disqualified for my vision but they allow glasses now (phew!). I'm also a big BMW guy (97 Z3 roadster, 03 530i). I'm not a CCA instructor but I've driven at the performance driving center in Spartanburg (what a blast!). I'm also finishing up my MBA and would love to start a business when I retire in 5.5 years from the USAF. I just don't know in what field yet but I guess I have a little time to decide that. I'm not a fighter jock because of an injury I sustained in pilot training that prevents me from sitting in ejection seats (no MB1 for me) but I love flying the C-17. If I had one to trade I might take you up on that offer. Then again, if I had one of my own I think I could afford that 911. The going rate for the C-17 is around $200 million these days...give or take a few Porsches :-)
    - TexZan -

If it ain't Boeing I ain't going. I take the Porsche please.
    His
    Omega Planet Ocean, Tag Heuer, Bremont MB2

Hers
    Omega Constellation, Omega Sea Master
    Breitling Galactic 32, Breitling Galactic 36
    Bremont Solo 37 Rose Gold

Interesting story...and not too different from mine. I was originally in the Air Force as a clarinet player in the band but decided to go fly instead (slight change of lifestyle...just slight...). I almost got disqualified for my vision but they allow glasses now (phew!). I'm also a big BMW guy (97 Z3 roadster, 03 530i). I'm not a CCA instructor but I've driven at the performance driving center in Spartanburg (what a blast!). I'm also finishing up my MBA and would love to start a business when I retire in 5.5 years from the USAF. I just don't know in what field yet but I guess I have a little time to decide that. I'm not a fighter jock because of an injury I sustained in pilot training that prevents me from sitting in ejection seats (no MB1 for me) but I love flying the C-17. If I had one to trade I might take you up on that offer. Then again, if I had one of my own I think I could afford that 911. The going rate for the C-17 is around $200 million these days...give or take a few Porsches :-)
    It is quite hard to fly a fighter, at least here in Canada. So few planes and so many wanting to fly them. All my friend at the college ended either in C-130, Aurora or choppers. One of my friend finished 3rd of its promotion and had the choice to fly F-18s. He chose the C130 because these get to fly a lot more hours. I wanted to punch him in the nose when he told me that...

Nice choice of cars too. I had a lot of small nimble cars before the 911. The most fun was definately an Hayabusa powered Caterham, 190hp and 1000lbs is sure to be entertaining. People driving these cars call them "Low Flyers", another great british product!
    No longer a fan boy...

It is quite hard to fly a fighter, at least here in Canada.
    Hey G-F,

But its real easy to have fun flying virtual fighters via Microsoft's Flightsim X. The detail and flight characteristics are awesome. In addition to watches, this is currently my hobby of choice right now. It is quite addictive.

It's also good to see another former navigator here on the forum. What airframe were you on? I know you would like to slap your buddy for picking C-130s, but I had the fortunate opportunity to spend almost 6,000 hours on one. I'd say both(fighters/airlift) have their charms.

Cheers,

Jerry

Check the ADI on that Mustang...apparently you're in a 30-degree bank while on the ground. Could make for an interesting taxi...:-)
    - TexZan -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz Wheel View Post
    It's also good to see another former navigator here on the forum. What airframe were you on?
    I left while still in Military College (3years in). The fact that I was changed from pilot to airnav kinda killed it for me. I wanted to be a pilots since I was about 7yo. When I got the news I calmly analyzed that being an airnav in the year 2000s was not a great idea. Also my bachelor degree was in space science. Super cool stuff to study, but very few employers. So once I found out that both my military and post military careers were dead ends, I got out.

Had I stayed, I would have been on a C130 or an Aurora, neither of those seemed really exciting to me, especially as an airnav. In the US I could have been in a F14, this alone would have probably been enough to give me the motivation to stay. So I quit and went back to civilian life. Every once in a while my good friend that ended up in C130s come home and tell me some stories about Afghanistan and other stuff. But he's been promoted to Lt-Col lately and doesn't fly as much as he used to.
    No longer a fan boy...

Check the ADI on that Mustang...apparently you're in a 30-degree bank while on the ground. Could make for an interesting taxi...:-)
    Hey Bryan,

Hope OK is treating you well. I imagine you have been back to the "fatherland" aka the Republic of TX for a visit. Yeah, the picture of the P-51 shows the cockpit after I shut everything down. I guess I should of caged the attitude indicator to be "technically correct."

Cheers,

Jerry

So I quit and went back to civilian life.
    G-F,

Probably a good decision looking at your watch collection. I see you have a Magrette. I have a pre-order in for one of their Moana Pacific Professionals, stainless with blue dial. Any thoughts to share on your impression of Magrette - quality of build, customer service, etc.?

Cheers,

Jerry