Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont ALT1TUDE SE: What do you want?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bremont ALT1TUDE SE: What do you want?

As we've now heard the exciting news of there being an Bremont ALT1TUDE SE watch this year, what would YOU want to see as the perfect SE watch for forum?

What we would like and what we can get can be widely apart. Has Bremont given you any direction on what is likely available to be modified. Otherwise I'd go for something on the lines of the B2, only because I think it looks amazing .

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    What we would like and what we can get can be widely apart. Has Bremont given you any direction on what is likely available to be modified. Otherwise I'd go for something on the lines of the B2, only because I think it looks amazing .
    B2 is amazing. Piers exclusive photo shoot of it got a TON of likes on Bremonts FB page. I doubt they would be open to us using it as the chassis, but if so, that would be worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    B2 is amazing. Piers exclusive photo shoot of it got a TON of likes on Bremonts FB page. I doubt they would be open to us using it as the chassis, but if so, that would be worth doing.
    It's very unlikely a forum SE will directly follow a military squadron watch like the B2 or B52 that hasn't been made into a consumer version first. Love the ideas; Will wait to see what Bremont present and appreciate that not everyone will get what they want.... But hopefully it will be a true fan's watch and one which represents this place! At the end of the day, it's down to Bremont to design the watch for us and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

While I'm quite sure everyone is tired of my thought at this point, I'll continue to stick with the chassis being a DLC U2.

Mike from Bremont has recently said that the U2 LE is the second most sought after LE watch, only behind the EP-120 in requests. If we build off of that already great platform, it's gonna be highly sought after and collectible.

That means a dial that keeps the U in the 2:00 position, but maybe subtracting the rest of the dial decor that the U2 LE had in the center. New Bremont logo looks good to me. If you are getting to potentially create a new dial, I think it would be great to use the new logo in the usual position.

Standard U2 hour and minute hands, but if possible, borrow the yellow second hand from the MB1/MB1.5/TWG MBII. Same with borrowing the rotating outer bezel to give that pop of yellow.

Barrel colors. I think yellow would be first choice, but due to the deal with Selfridges, may be unfeasible. Shoot for the Alt1tude yellow. For back up colors, I've got 2 in mind. The first is WHITE. It has never been done, would pop nicely, not clash with anything, and contrast well against the DLC case. The second back-up option would be UNPAINTED ALUMINUM. Again, never been done, and the raw simplicity of it could look really, really sharp. Different than anthracite.

For the rear, again, we know that the rear display on the TWG and U2 LE was a desirable feature for most, despite losing the true faraday cage technology. Matching the color of the rotor to whatever barrel color is used would be great (especially in yellow). Again, a painted rotor has been used in the past and looked really cool in red on the MW ALT1-P.

Then comes numbering these babies. Another opportunity for something special. There's not much room to engrave anything lengthy, but using our adopted mascot of Felix the Cat, if we could get "Felix01"-"Felix40" made, that's 7 characters. My ALT1-P has 6, so not out of the question I think. Other ideas would be custom serials like the military LE's often use. That could become a headache, however, and many potential buyers already have specific numbers in mind.

Finally, the standard strap should be a black Vintage. Everyone loves the brown, and many are eagerly awaiting the black. A great opportunity to make a great strap standard on our forum watch. Give buyers the option of buckle or deployant based on preference, especially if the thick vintage will in fact be used as standard strap. GGB with triangles to match the barrel as a spare, and call it a day.

Thanks for putting up with my rant. I'm truly not trying to push my ideas over anyone else's, just think this is a natural choice.

Jeremy

Although the DLC U2 is awesome, a B2 chassis would be more attractive just because I have an MBII already and the U2 is essentially the same watch.

The B2 would be so special

Is there any particular direction that Bremont wants to go (or don't want to go) with this?

I really like Jwalker9's idea of a DLC U2/mb1.5 dial/black vintage strap.

I would also would like to see what could be done as far as a Solo SE. Those raised numerals on the white solo are really good looking and I'd like to see what could be done with this one.

I don't know about the copyright on the Felix the cat design, but I'd like to see that it on the back of the watch or maybe on the rotor if we go with a clear case back.
    No longer a fan boy...

I'm liking the idea of a solo based SE more and more.

What about a similar configuration to a Solo based on the above U2 suggestion?

Here's my imagination at work

CASE
    DLC Solo Case
    ALT1 yellow matched striped barrel
    Clear case back
    Yellow prop rotor

DIAL
    Black Dial
    Lume on the 12/3/6/9 positions
    Raised number markers for the rest of the numerals (like on the cream dialed version)
    Yellow seconds hand
    Yellow lum'ed triangle at the 12 o'clock position in place of the red and white one

STRAP
    Black Vintage strap
    (optional secondary black rubber strap with yellow stitching and the "V" stitching at the lug ends)

-Sam

Quote Originally Posted by evosam View Post
    I'm liking the idea of a solo based SE more and more.

What about a similar configuration to a Solo based on the above U2 suggestion?

Here's my imagination at work

CASE
    DLC Solo Case
    ALT1 yellow matched striped barrel
    Clear case back
    Yellow prop rotor

DIAL
    Black Dial
    Lume on the 12/3/6/9 positions
    Raised number markers for the rest of the numerals (like on the cream dialed version)
    Yellow seconds hand
    Yellow lum'ed triangle at the 12 o'clock position in place of the red and white one

STRAP
    Black Vintage strap
    (optional secondary black rubber strap with yellow stitching and the "V" stitching at the lug ends)

-Sam
    Great idea !

A diver similar to the North Sea.