Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bremont ALT1TUDE SE: What do you want?

Lots of great ideas gents. I do like the proposals from both jwalker9 and evosam. Just to throw out a few more possibilities for consideration.....

1. If the watch is to include a second strap, why not an ALT1TUDE Strap Project strap? What could be more fitting than that for the ALT1TUDE SE?
    2. Perhaps it's not as loved amongst forum members, but what about a DLC SM2000 inspired SE? The larger, 45mm, case captures my attention along with the water resistance, the white lume used on the SM2000 and the faraday cage. Seems to me that might be a little more different than (a) what's already out there in terms of SE's, and (b) different from what most/many of us already have (I may be way off base here, and I'm sorry if I am).

I'd still suggest keeping many of the ideas already on the table, such as:

1. DLC Case
    2. ALT1TUDE yellow matched barrel (striped if possible)
    3. Yellow seconds hand
    4. Possibly a yellow inner bezel (not sure I've described that correctly, as the SM doesn't have an inner roto-click bezel) - I think this has been suggested

Other thoughts are:

1. Yellow triangle on the outer bezel in place of the current red triangle
    2. A yellow crown protector
    3. As the SM 2000 has round minute markers at 5, 10, 20, 25, etc. ........ what if one of them could be fashioned to look like Felix's bomb???

I don't propose that all of the suggestions for the use of yellow be incorporated. That would likely be overkill, but some of them could work well together.

Just my 2p. Feel free to object........ I won't be offended. As I said, I like several of the other suggestions, but am also trying to think of something different than my MBII.

Cheers,
    G.
    Bremont MBII, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Steinhart OVM, Seiko "Darth Tuna", TAG 2000 Classic

Well done for organising this. I'm positive you'll get 30 takers for a cool SE

I'm not even sure if a 4th hand is feasible on the MBII/U2, but if so, a GMT hand based on the triangle shaped second hand on the standard U2 would be cool. Would also require changing the outer bezel to have the 24 hours AND minute ticks, which could start looking busy. Thats a lot to ask, but would be cool.

Adding on to my previous idea, i think putting a subtle "Alt1tude" in the forums font above "Anti-Shock" and "Automatic" may help distinguish the piece stand out as the forum SE. Probably not in yellow, but white, or grey.

Since I am seriously considering another Bremont, I would like to see it based off the MB line, yellow barrel, black vintage strap with deployment clasp. Bremont can come up with the other details, they seem to be the pros with that.

Definately DLC.
    Size: please no bigger than the standard case 43m I believe.
    A GMT hand would be awesome.

So far a DLC solo has not been done so it would be pretty cool.

Some great ideas here. I think the Solo idea is a really good one and worth exploring. The black DLC would be very inique, but the only thing we'd (sorry, Bremont!) would have to take care with would be not to overdo the addition of yellow elements and other details. Part of the attraction of the Solo is that it is such a pure and elegant design, such clarity and no fuss, it would be a shame to lose that. Little touches would be cool: great idea to have a yellow triangle a la Red Maple and with a black face it would be great just to incorporate a flash of the yellow black striping of the Alt1tude logo. I would prefer this to having the forum name actually on the dial or the addition of any other symbols which I think might make it look too busy. Yellow touches could be incorporated elsewhere, but on this watch I am not sure about a yellow element to the barrel -too flash? Case back should be exhibition with yellow rotor and Felix symbol painted on it (assuming no copyright still exists in that).

If everyone wanted to run with a busier design and yellow barrel, I would perhaps be tempted to revert to JWalker based deign around the U2.
    Bremont P51 #123/250; Bremont MBII TWG #4/30; Alt1tude SE (No2) ...and one or two others....

Quote Originally Posted by Flying B View Post
    Some great ideas here. I think the Solo idea is a really good one and worth exploring. The black DLC would be very inique, but the only thing we'd (sorry, Bremont!) would have to take care with would be not to overdo the addition of yellow elements and other details. Part of the attraction of the Solo is that it is such a pure and elegant design, such clarity and no fuss, it would be a shame to lose that. Little touches would be cool: great idea to have a yellow triangle a la Red Maple and with a black face it would be great just to incorporate a flash of the yellow black striping of the Alt1tude logo. I would prefer this to having the forum name actually on the dial or the addition of any other symbols which I think might make it look too busy. Yellow touches could be incorporated elsewhere, but on this watch I am not sure about a yellow element to the barrel -too flash? Case back should be exhibition with yellow rotor and Felix symbol painted on it (assuming no copyright still exists in that).

If everyone wanted to run with a busier design and yellow barrel, I would perhaps be tempted to revert to JWalker based deign around the U2.
    That's pretty much my thoughts on the Solo based watch. I love the Solo, but it's appeal is its simplicity and clarity.
    So it would be more of a "tread lightly" design. I like the idea of:
    DLC solo case with white dial and PVD or DLC coated applied numerals/markers. Accenting the edges of the 12:00 triangle and dots with yellow, I like. Black rotor on the back, like the one on the U2 LE. That's about as far as I'd feel comfortable changing the Solo. Using a black dial with applied stainless markers would work too.
    I personally think that the feasibility of altering the barrel of the Solo isn't there, but would be happy to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by jwalker9; 01-11-2013 at 11:18 AM.

My two cents:

U2 DLC case.
    Black barrel with yellow Bremont logo on one side and number of SE in yellow on opposite side of barrel.
    Solid case back in yellow with Fritz logo
    White solo dial black hands (if feaseable)
    Black leather vintage or DLC coated bracelet.

So many different possibilities. Like trying to agreed on the ideal woman. All may look different yet all could be beautiful.
    His
    Omega Planet Ocean, Tag Heuer, Bremont MB2

Hers
    Omega Constellation, Omega Sea Master
    Breitling Galactic 32, Breitling Galactic 36
    Bremont Solo 37 Rose Gold

this has always been on of my favorite squadron watches

some great design elements here !

i truely am busting at the seams to see this project come about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bremont-israel-air-force-demo-squadron-watch-015.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	1485  
    Last edited by drg; 01-11-2013 at 07:30 PM.

I really like the idea of the unique Solo 43mm DLC.
    Black hands instead of nickel (better contrast)
    Yellow outline of the 12 triangle marker
    Alt!tude under the hands on the face in forum fonts
    Smooth aluminum barrel
    Yellow rotor in the see-thru case back crystal
    Black Leather Deployment DLC clasp with secondary ALt!tude grey strap.

This blends the dress nature of the Solo 43mm with some elements of the technical with the black hands, yellow accents and grey strap. A classy watch for both work and play.

Thanks,
    H-man