Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 348

Thread: Which Bremont(s) do you own?

  1. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I'm certainly trying to drum up more membership. The Bremont Fans FB page is, on the other hand, growing hugely - over 40 new members this week.

    Once the 'lockdown' and everything that goes with it is done with, we fully intend on doing some Alt1tude only events and perks - 'watch' this space.

    J.
    Hopefully you didn't see my comment as a criticism, I really like this forum and it's a shame that its not more active. I made the comment simply as 'tuffers' initial post was back in March (I think?) and there hadn't been too many posts since then.
    I have noticed that the Bremont Fans FB page is getting busier but I think that's simply a case of it being easier to post random pictures on. From what I can tell there's very little watch related discussion on there. A little bit but nothing like there would be on a forum.
    One thing that you might be able to resolve, the forum seems to log you out very quickly if you're typing a post. Many a time I've posted a reply of about this length and have been logged out before I finish. Problem is that when you are logged out the reply you were writing disappears and you have to start again. I've since learned to 'copy' the text before I click the button, just in case. An 'auto-save' flashes up every once in a while but I don't know where that autosaves to?

  2. #312
    Hi Ben, welcome!

    Love the pic! I'm more of a Gretsch guy at heart, but started playing years ago with my beloved Strat.

    You're certainly in good company here!

  3. #313
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Hopefully you didn't see my comment as a criticism, I really like this forum and it's a shame that its not more active. I made the comment simply as 'tuffers' initial post was back in March (I think?) and there hadn't been too many posts since then.
    I have noticed that the Bremont Fans FB page is getting busier but I think that's simply a case of it being easier to post random pictures on. From what I can tell there's very little watch related discussion on there. A little bit but nothing like there would be on a forum.
    No, no criticism seen at all. I figure that the Bremont Fans page is more busy because itís a simple platform to post pictures off the back of Facebook, whereas Alt1tude requires another sign up, username, password etc.

    It has been very hard to get people to come and join the forum, hence the idea of forum only competitions etc, but that would more than likely only result in a small and temporary increase in traffic, and not the sustained membership we are looking for! That said, things are in the pipeline, so keep an eye out.

    One thing that you might be able to resolve, the forum seems to log you out very quickly if you're typing a post. Many a time I've posted a reply of about this length and have been logged out before I finish. Problem is that when you are logged out the reply you were writing disappears and you have to start again. I've since learned to 'copy' the text before I click the button, just in case. An 'auto-save' flashes up every once in a while but I don't know where that autosaves to?
    I donít know enough about the software the forum uses to know why that would be, but Iíll pass it on and see what can be done. I use Tapatalk most of the time now and that has no such problems at all.

    All of the above said, I do believe we are THE place online to come and discuss Bremont, there isnít a lot that people here donít know about the brand.

    J.

  4. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingiron12 View Post
    Hi All,

    My name is Ben and Iím very happy to say I own a Solo. Iím new to the forum but Iíve been a big fan of Bremont for years.

    Absolutely love my watch as I knew I would, Bremonts truly are special.

    Here is a photo of my watch next to my other favourite thing!





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    That is a lovely watch, and a little different with the cream. numerals. It suits the bracelet for sure, but I did find when I had one that it really is a very versatile watch and suited pretty much any strap that I put on it.
    Enjoy it and wear in good health!!
    And...
    I'm also extremely jealous of your guitar playing prowess!! I would love to learn to play, but have never got round to it. Maybe with a period of furlough coming I should have a bash... just need to figure out how to do that with no access to lessons or a guitar!!

  5. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Attachment 4649

    This is my newest Bremont.
    Great watch Andy! How are you finding the size Vs your S500?

  6. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Welcome to the forum. As you may have gathered it's a bit quiet on here at the moment but lots to see and nice forum members to chat to.

    Quite a mix of watches you have there. I have a preference for leather straps but it very much depends on the watch. I like NATO's with some and on occasion, bracelets.
    It is quiet on here for sure, a fact that most of us here sadly recognise. For example, I recently posted 20+ straps on here and on the FB group. I sold none through here and 20 through FB!! Maybe you're right in that the FB format is far easier for people to access on the go. Shame really.
    Will be great to see a move to try to divert more people here to make this the hub of all things Bremont!!

  7. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    558
    And just to show my go-to for the last few weeks..!
    Seemed an appropriate photo for the day, May the 4th (be with you!!)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q4ER3rlRRhOD6LlN4pvHLw.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	4652
    Last edited by chipbutty55; 05-04-2020 at 09:32 AM.

  8. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye8278 View Post
    Hi Ben, welcome!

    Love the pic! I'm more of a Gretsch guy at heart, but started playing years ago with my beloved Strat.

    You're certainly in good company here!
    Thank you! I wish I had a Gretsch, they make some beautiful guitars. Though I do love my strat itís just so comfortable to play with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    That is a lovely watch, and a little different with the cream. numerals. It suits the bracelet for sure, but I did find when I had one that it really is a very versatile watch and suited pretty much any strap that I put on it.
    Enjoy it and wear in good health!!
    And...
    I'm also extremely jealous of your guitar playing prowess!! I would love to learn to play, but have never got round to it. Maybe with a period of furlough coming I should have a bash... just need to figure out how to do that with no access to lessons or a guitar!!
    Thank you! Yea I agree, I think because if itís simplicity it could suit quite a few straps. And the versatility is definitely something I enjoy, I wear it all the time!

    Well recently a couple of my friends have picked it up due to quarantine! Itís very relaxing once you get into it. There are a few good lessons on the internet and starting is usually the easier part. Though yea problems do arise if you want a guitar tutor and obviously you may need a guitar in the first place


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I love the music, I'll have to take your word for the rest. I'm not sure my neighbours could cope with so much pain and suffering until the practice started to pay off!

    So I have to ask, who is your guitar idol?
    Yea and it does take a while!

    And that is a very tough question, but Iíd probably have to say Stevie Ray Vaughan. He was an incredible musician. I think heís easily one of the biggest inspirations for modern guitarists.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites