Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Which Bremont(s) do you own?

My latest has arrived. Thoughts, everyone?

J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. I like the look of the bracelet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    My latest has arrived. Thoughts, everyone?

J.

Ooooh, that’s proper lush!!
    I used to have a very similar one ��

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Very nice. I like the look of the bracelet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It’s a really sharp look. The non-integrated links really do make the watch ‘pop.’

J.

New member and new (to me) Bremont MB1.25?

Hi, and thanks for letting me join this excellent forum.

I’m a pilot and have been a fan and ‘collector’ of Breitling tool watches for many years but my love of Breitling has waned since they have become more ‘bling’ and less ‘tool’. I now only own two Breitling after a massive fall out with their service department over my Aerospace/Co-Pilot ... long story but they tried to stiff me for a full overhaul 2 years after it had been in for a full overhaul after it was returned because the batteries they fitted had died!

I now only own a B55 Exospace and DLC Super Avenger II Military LE.

Anyway, enough of Breitling. Have been a big fan of Bremont and love the MB1, but never having had the misfortune to depart any aircraft on one of MB’s excellent seats, I don’t qualify. Had considered an MBII and was looking for a good deal when I came across THIS ‘MBII’ at a very good price! Except it looked like an MBI and had an MBI serial number, and the warranty card said it was supplied by Martin Baker Company, Denham! But it has an orange case barrel not red...

So the research started and there are a few references to it being an MB1.25, only available to MB staff.

Am pretty made up as I wouldn’t have been able to reconcile wearing a genuine MB1 even if I could have afforded one, but as the next best thing (for me) it IS an MB1, just not the ejectee version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACEDD8F7-8F4A-48BD-8973-9EB343E3C8C6.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	4484

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F4D719F-8749-401A-964B-5986C752BC9C.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	4485

(No idea why this is sideways!)

I did contact Bremont who said it was an MB1.5 but from what I have read on this forum and other places, it should be referred as the MB1.25 so puzzled why Bremont customer services didn’t recognise this moniker even when I asked directly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I am certainly in love with my MB whatever is it (could someone please give me a divinities answer?) and May consider an MBIII at some point for the GMT facility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B15A66CA-47C0-4BE1-869C-35DE873E9CC5.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	4486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70256106-7F15-4771-A2A6-D4C80A27ED5C.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	4487  

Quote Originally Posted by Trapdoor View Post

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I am certainly in love with my MB whatever is it (could someone please give me a divinities answer?)
    Hi Trapdoor, welcome to the forum. Sorry that it has taken me so long to see this post and to answer it!

Your watch above is, technically (and officially) speaking, a ‘non-ejectee MB1.’

The MB1.25 is a moniker given to this run of watches by the Bremont fanbase to distinguish it from the MB1.5, which was a watch made in a run of 20 for the ATG forum some years ago. It is very similar to your watch, except that it lacks the Martin-Baker dial.

Your watch (which I will call the MB1.25 for ease and to stop confusion) is a run of watches given to/purchased by Martin-Baker employees and are available with every barrel colour aside from red. In fact, a friend of mine who works at MB has recently received the latest edition of this watch - it is rather different, and has a MK.16 seat embossed in to the dial!

Hope the above helps clarify the situation with your watch somewhat.

J.