Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 348

Thread: Which Bremont(s) do you own?

  1. #331
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
    Sounds good. Will sort that when we can.

    Yep a Hurri watch would be awesome with design influences from Hercules perhaps (love that watch but just don't connect to the story...). Lets see what comes...I'm ready for an exciting new launch to make me do the whole "should I shouldn't I" thing :-)
    Fear not, all will be posted here as soon as we can - and fingers crossed it doesn’t make me go ‘oooooo’ too much!

    Keep in touch, Dan!

    J.

  2. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I'm hedging my bets and saying the signs point towards something Battle Of Britain (and possibly Churchill) inspired.
    Thinking along the same lines myself. Not sure about Churchill but definitely a hint of the Battle of Britain.

    Is the timing somehow significant? I only mention it as it feels like a historical limited edition coming along yet seems too early in the year compared to previous years which might leave something of a gap in the autumn?

  3. #333
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Thinking along the same lines myself. Not sure about Churchill but definitely a hint of the Battle of Britain.

    Is the timing somehow significant? I only mention it as it feels like a historical limited edition coming along yet seems too early in the year compared to previous years which might leave something of a gap in the autumn?
    The date, June 18th, ties in with the date of his famous 'This was their Finest Hour' speech, given in 1940.

    J.

  4. #334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    139

    Which Bremont(s) do you own?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The date, June 18th, ties in with the date of his famous 'This was their Finest Hour' speech, given in 1940.

    J.
    It does, I can see something that way coming on too.

    I was kinda hoping for a Range Rover tie-in, though! Today is the 50th anniversary! I know that there’s an existing Zenith tie-in, but it’s very lacklustre!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:


    SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

  5. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The date, June 18th, ties in with the date of his famous 'This was their Finest Hour' speech, given in 1940.
    Ah, thank you.

    Might explain why I failed history at school!!

  6. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I was kinda hoping for a Range Rover tie-in, though! Today is the 50th anniversary! I know that there’s an existing Zenith tie-in, but it’s very lacklustre!
    A historical Land Rover tie in would be interesting but I'm not really a fan of the current 'Chelsea tractors'.

  7. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    If I could dream, I'd love to see something based on the 'unsung hero' of the Battle, the Hurricane.
    I've just seen the latest Bremont teaser for the new release. Isn't that a Hurricane exhaust in the video clip?

  8. #338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    A historical Land Rover tie in would be interesting but I'm not really a fan of the current 'Chelsea tractors'.
    Haha! I have an L322, and to be honest, it really is outstanding. But I’m biased; I’m on number 44 and negotiating number 45 (and number 42 — I’m buying an old RRC back!)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:


    SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

  9. #339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I've just seen the latest Bremont teaser for the new release. Isn't that a Hurricane exhaust in the video clip?
    I’m not really an expert, but it looks like it to me — the Merlin exhaust ejectors are pretty unique.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:


    SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

  10. #340
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I've just seen the latest Bremont teaser for the new release. Isn't that a Hurricane exhaust in the video clip?
    Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I’m not really an expert, but it looks like it to me — the Merlin exhaust ejectors are pretty unique.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You’re correct that it’s a Merlin, but I believe that is a Mk. 1 Spitfire.

    This is for a few reasons: the propellor fitted appears to be a ‘thin’ blade - more akin to the early Spitfires, and the small blister you see below the exhaust stack appears to be too elongated, and indeed the ‘wrong way around’ for a Hurricane.

    J.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites