Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Which Bremont(s) do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacman View Post
    Sounds good. Will sort that when we can.

Yep a Hurri watch would be awesome with design influences from Hercules perhaps (love that watch but just don't connect to the story...). Lets see what comes...I'm ready for an exciting new launch to make me do the whole "should I shouldn't I" thing :-)
    Fear not, all will be posted here as soon as we can - and fingers crossed it doesn’t make me go ‘oooooo’ too much!

Keep in touch, Dan!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I'm hedging my bets and saying the signs point towards something Battle Of Britain (and possibly Churchill) inspired.
    Thinking along the same lines myself. Not sure about Churchill but definitely a hint of the Battle of Britain.

Is the timing somehow significant? I only mention it as it feels like a historical limited edition coming along yet seems too early in the year compared to previous years which might leave something of a gap in the autumn?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Thinking along the same lines myself. Not sure about Churchill but definitely a hint of the Battle of Britain.

Is the timing somehow significant? I only mention it as it feels like a historical limited edition coming along yet seems too early in the year compared to previous years which might leave something of a gap in the autumn?
    The date, June 18th, ties in with the date of his famous 'This was their Finest Hour' speech, given in 1940.

J.

Which Bremont(s) do you own?

The date, June 18th, ties in with the date of his famous 'This was their Finest Hour' speech, given in 1940.

J.
    It does, I can see something that way coming on too.

I was kinda hoping for a Range Rover tie-in, though! Today is the 50th anniversary! I know that there’s an existing Zenith tie-in, but it’s very lacklustre!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Ah, thank you.

Might explain why I failed history at school!!

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I was kinda hoping for a Range Rover tie-in, though! Today is the 50th anniversary! I know that there’s an existing Zenith tie-in, but it’s very lacklustre!
    A historical Land Rover tie in would be interesting but I'm not really a fan of the current 'Chelsea tractors'.

If I could dream, I'd love to see something based on the 'unsung hero' of the Battle, the Hurricane.
    I've just seen the latest Bremont teaser for the new release. Isn't that a Hurricane exhaust in the video clip?

A historical Land Rover tie in would be interesting but I'm not really a fan of the current 'Chelsea tractors'.
    Haha! I have an L322, and to be honest, it really is outstanding. But I’m biased; I’m on number 44 and negotiating number 45 (and number 42 — I’m buying an old RRC back!)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

I've just seen the latest Bremont teaser for the new release. Isn't that a Hurricane exhaust in the video clip?
    I’m not really an expert, but it looks like it to me — the Merlin exhaust ejectors are pretty unique.

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    I’m not really an expert, but it looks like it to me — the Merlin exhaust ejectors are pretty unique.

You’re correct that it’s a Merlin, but I believe that is a Mk. 1 Spitfire.

This is for a few reasons: the propellor fitted appears to be a ‘thin’ blade - more akin to the early Spitfires, and the small blister you see below the exhaust stack appears to be too elongated, and indeed the ‘wrong way around’ for a Hurricane.

J.