Thread: Does anyone fancy a jetboard?

Does anyone fancy a jetboard?

Evening all,

Just announced is that Bremont have partnered with Mako Boardsports on a run of boards that will be exclusively available through Bremont's Mayfair boutique.

Here's part of the blurb from the Bremont website, and a video to learn more on the partnership.

"Like Bremont, Mako Boardsports are committed to reinvigorating British Engineering. Using their prowess in technical innovation, Mako Boardsports, a technology-focused manufacturer of motorised watercraft, has created a new generation of jetboard: The Mako Slingshot. With its real shortboard feel, the Mako Slingshot combines agile rider-active handling with stability and drive. The sleek herringbone carbon fibre exterior conceals a muscular heart that beats pure power and can launch riders to speeds in excess of 30mph. The Slingshot is playful, easy-to-ride and offers heart-pounding thrills on every wave, opening the door to an entirely new level of surfing experience."

I'm sure that you'll agree that it's a pretty interesting looking piece of kit..

To learn more about Mako, here's their website: Mako Boardsports.

No price has been announced, but the standard board weighs in at £900. Anybody here going to buy one?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.

I’ve never heard of a jet board. Seems a bit odd of a partnership. Impressive tech though.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Iíve never heard of a jet board. Seems a bit odd of a partnership. Impressive tech though.
    Agreed Jeremy, it does seem slightly bizarre! Wouldn't mind a go on one, though..

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Agreed Jeremy, it does seem slightly bizarre! Wouldn't mind a go on one, though..

J.
    I thought that was you on the board Jake! It was good the way you kept yourself covered by the board on your way down to the beach!

I assume that Mako have used Bremont to engineer the propeller as it's not clear in the blurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    I thought that was you on the board Jake! It was good the way you kept yourself covered by the board on your way down to the beach!
    Darn, my secret cameo part in the video has been uncovered...!

I assume that Mako have used Bremont to engineer the propeller as it's not clear in the blurb.
    Which is an odd choice! I've just watched the video again, and I suspect they may have just used Bremont's expertise in machining/precision craftsmanship. It'd be interesting to find out!

J.

No price has been announced, but the standard board weighs in at £900. Anybody here going to buy one?

J.[/QUOTE]

That will be The deposit. I first saw these out in South Korea. Great pieces but you can buy cars cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    That will be The deposit. I first saw these out in South Korea. Great pieces but you can buy cars cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I did suspect that would be the case - seemed a bit cheap!

Hope you're well, and Happy New Year!
    J.