Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Saunders testing new Supermarine?

Ben Saunders testing new Supermarine?

Hey guys,

News out of Henley today, as Bremont Ambassador, Ben Saunders, leaves to start his unmanned solo expedition across Antarctica. Ben teased on Instagram that he is testing a new Bremont prototype!

As you’ll remember, Ben tested the Terra Nova on his last trip across Antarctica, and the watch was formally announced and sold after he completed the trip. Could we be seeing the Terra Nova 2?

It certainly looks like a S500 with an exhibition caseback, but who knows what other technology this watch could feature. Most certainly a GMT hand! Does it look to be made of titanium? My first impression is no, as the color appears lighter. Perhaps a ceramic compass bezel for improved weight??

Drop a note on what you’d like to see out of this watch!

Here’s a video from Bremont on Ben’s new adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jwalker9; 10-24-2017 at 02:14 PM.

I love the idea of an updated Terra Nova, and find the inclusion of what appears to be an exhibition caseback extremely interesting!

The main reason I find it to be an interesting (if not somewhat odd?) edition is that will take away some of the protection in terms of shock and magnetic resistance afforded by having a complete Faraday cage - something the Supermarine series and the original TN was famed for. Also, water resistance? There's a good reason professional dive watches (apart from a few 300m rated Omega & Panerai) don't have exhibition case backs...

I shall await and see - exciting! I'd love to hear everyone else's opinions.

J.

Would love to see a Terra Nova 2. I regret selling my old Terra Nova..... so a new one would need to be purchased for sure!!

-----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

It will be interesting to see how the trip unfolds...and see the watch..

Lairy bast**d looking to cross Antarctica on his own. A truly monster undertaking.

Also saw this and made note of the new style orange NATO! Hopefully we learn more soon...

ALT1-WT/WH | ALT1-P/BL

Hey everyone, quick 'spoiler' image..

(Image Bremont/Ben Saunders)

Key things: seems to have a red GMT hand and no day window (just like the original TN) - apart from that it looks reasonably similar to the original.

Does anyone else thing the lugs seem different though? However this may just be the angle/because it's a working prototype. They certainly appear longer, thinner, and have no chamfer.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-27-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Hmmm. It looks a lot like the original TN to me. I wonder if Ben has both his original TN and the prototype with him, which was previously on that orange NATO? Seems a little extraneous, but certainly possible!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Hmmm. It looks a lot like the original TN to me. I wonder if Ben has both his original TN and the prototype with him, which was previously on that orange NATO? Seems a little extraneous, but certainly possible!

Certainly possible, however the above picture was posted by Bremont and Ben as a 'sneak peak of the prototype Bremont watch' - their words, not mine.

But agreed, it does look remarkably similar. I wonder how different the end product will be?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-27-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Looks very similar...